Super Contributor

Regarding my refund: this is wrong and is cheating me

I returned two items over three weeks ago. I saw the notice on the orders page that QVC was having a returns issue, but no other explanation was available. After watching for my refund for a few more days, I called customer service. Still no detailed explanation was given.

On one refund, the rep seemed to blame me for using the wrong label. I am not sure if this is true, but I have been a customer for about 10 years and not had this problem with return labels previously. The rep told me they would need to charge me for the item that was not actually returned again, and then refund me for the correct item. I agreed, as it seemed a logical way to handle the transaction.

What I did not approve, and why I am complaining, is that the one new charge has been applied to my debit account, but now two days have gone by and the two refunds have not been credited.

So in effect, I have been charged twice for one item and two refunds are delayed over two weeks.

This smacks of dishonesty to me, and I want my refunds now, please.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Regarding my refund: this is wrong and is cheating me

wrote:

I returned two items over three weeks ago. I saw the notice on the orders page that QVC was having a returns issue, but no other explanation was available. After watching for my refund for a few more days, I called customer service. Still no detailed explanation was given.

On one refund, the rep seemed to blame me for using the wrong label. I am not sure if this is true, but I have been a customer for about 10 years and not had this problem with return labels previously. The rep told me they would need to charge me for the item that was not actually returned again, and then refund me for the correct item. I agreed, as it seemed a logical way to handle the transaction.

What I did not approve, and why I am complaining, is that the one new charge has been applied to my debit account, but now two days have gone by and the two refunds have not been credited.

So in effect, I have been charged twice for one item and two refunds are delayed over two weeks.

This smacks of dishonesty to me, and I want my refunds now, please.

Hi @PodyPo, we're very sorry for the delay in receiving your refund. Please email us  at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com your order information. I'm happy to take a look. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kinski, Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

That is not  acceptable.   I'm happy for those who tout the great customer service on QVC.  I, however, have in the past experienced downright rudeness and almost argumentive behavior from a few of these reps.   I'm not a confrontational person but one of my orders comes to mind that they totally botched and I tried several times to explain my situation.  It was so upsetting, I ended up in tears.   Needless to say, I have slowed down with my shopping here.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal If you are not having success with the CS agent ask them for a supervisor or hang up and call again...usually a different agent answers.I find that a supervisor will get to the matter quickly and resolve it.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@LindaSal If you are not having success with the CS agent ask them for a supervisor or hang up and call again...usually a different agent answers.I find that a supervisor will get to the matter quickly and resolve it.

I have found that as well .  Although it seems hard to get a supervisor on the phone .  I mostly get ,  I will have one call you back within 3 hours as one is not avaliable at this time .  I rarely get a call back.  So have to call once again.  I will say that problems are few and far between though. 

Super Contributor

I will email as directed, but why should I have to go to all this extra effort to receive the two refunds owed to me?

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I will email as directed, but why should I have to go to all this extra effort to receive the two refunds owed to me?

Indeed, because people don't do their jobs well.  Maybe it's low pay, boring, repetitive work, or else lack of ability that you have to go and do their job for them.  This happens everywhere.  I get emails that tell me something is sent to me and it isn't and this comes from my health care system.  Do you remember jobs that you hated doing but did because you needed the money?  That's the reason, IMO.

Honored Contributor

It’s been my experience that the QVC Social team provides superior customer service; so much so that I never call CS. I simply email QVC Social team and get immediate assistance. I will add that I don’t have a lot of issues and seldom have returns, but last time I did, my return seemed to get lost somewhere between here & wherever, so the QVC Social team promptly assisted me & I had my refund within 3 days.  BTW...that return that I shipped back 12/19 just made it to LA 2/3, so I’m guessing it will never make  it back to PA...HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing the Q has more returns than it can handle!  JMO  What other reason could it be for not refunding orders in a proper time span!

I have just returned 3 orders  and I am anxiously awaiting some sort of problem,I am sure is going to happen.

It amounts to almost $200 refund.I am positive I will be waiting overtime and will have to complain to someone for my refund.

BTW, I spoke to CS on the phone as I was putting the 3 items (all WEN) into 1 box and they said ok  and asked for only 1 item number for the record. I kept telling the rep I was including 3 seperate orders  (they all arrived here in 1 box,with different tracking numbers,even including a Homeworks,Slatkin item) but she said all she needed was 1 item number!  So lets see how this return goes  Smiley Sad

I did put the  3 shipping labels on the outside box and included 3 return notices inside. I sure hope I used the right label,.Surepost for mailing returns.

Edited to add :  The Mailman just came to pick up my package,QVC said they would be picking it up Monday!!!  Good thing my dog barked at the mailman or he would have left with no package, cause it was not where I told QVC to tell the MM it would be,it was inside waiting for pickup on Monday!........sigh.......

After being a mega shopper here from Q's first day,I have become very dissapointed in QVC!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma

When you return multiple items from separate shipments, only use one of the return shipping labels.  Putting more than one shipping label could cause problems with the post office.  I do write on the outside of the box/bag how many returns I have enclosed, just to alert QVC.  Then, like you did, I make sure to include the return invoice for each item.

I've sent many returns back this way and have never had I problem with them being processed correctly, including only being charged one pre-paid label fee (straight refunds, haven't done any exchanges). 

Hope your returns go smoothly! 

ETA:  I do make sure all my returns go to the same location before including them in the same box.  Thanks @Venezia for pointing out that important detail.