Esteemed Contributor

Re: Refund applied to account, not card

@Sage04 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Amazon did this and I was wondering where my refund was.  I called and was told it was returned in the form of a credit to my Amazon account.  I make sure now, that if I returned something and they are giving me a refund that it goes back to my original payment.  Sometimes these representatives don't understand what you're saying to them.

Not returning it to its original method of payment is because they want you to spend the $$$ here on the Q.  Did you have a choice to choose how to get your refund?

@gertrudecloset, when you return anything on line with Amazon, they ask two questions and I always check the one that says, return to original payment or something to that effect. Keep an eye out for that.

@Sage04Oh yeah, I noticed it's new to want to give me an Amazon Credit.  They do ask and make it explicitly clear to give me my money the same way I gave it to you.

I've been doing business with Amazon before it was Amazon and just a shoe retailer called "Endless....."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Contributor

So haven’t heard from customer service

I always check the box for crediting the method of payment, and this has to have happened because, as was mentioned above, I received an automatic message stating there was a problem with the card and it couldn’t be credited. WRONG! And since they credited the other two returns to the method of payment, it is just sketchy. Of course it had to be the highest amount that was placed on my account. Just wrong. I’m resending the email to customer service, and will resend it daily until I get a response.
Contributor

Update - I called customer service and the rep gave me the option to either let the store credit sit in my account until the “glitch” is resolved, then it would go back on my card,, or have them issue a check in 5 business days and then mail it to me. I chose the check option. We shall see how long it takes to receive it, but I’m just not feeling the QVC love right now, and am not considering purchasing anything in the next few weeks.
Valued Contributor

@Riley P wrote:
Update - I called customer service and the rep gave me the option to either let the store credit sit in my account until the “glitch” is resolved, then it would go back on my card,, or have them issue a check in 5 business days and then mail it to me. I chose the check option. We shall see how long it takes to receive it, but I’m just not feeling the QVC love right now, and am not considering purchasing anything in the next few weeks.

I had the exact same thing happen to me!  I returned an item and asked for the refund to just go back on the card that I had originally used to pay.  I received an email stating that the credit to my card was "declined" and the refund was placed into my QVC account as a credit.  I contacted the QVC Social Team about the issue and they told me they would contact the appropriate department about my problem.  A little over a week ago, I noticed the account credit had disappeared from my QVC account and a check from QVC showed up in the mail for the amount of the refund.  I deposited the check at my bank on Friday and today I get a call from my bank telling me that they couldn't deposit the check because all the numbers were missing from bottom of the check!  How does that happen??!!  QVC is supposedly a very large, multi-national corporation and they can't send a proper check to a customer!  I didn't even notice that the numbers were missing because it's not even something that would have crossed my mind!  Something very weird is happening.

Trusted Contributor

@sueeich When you received the check in the mail was it perforated w/the check on top & the explanation kind of thing on the botttom?  This happened to me one time, my bank said the check didn't have the tracking numbers on the bottom so the check was no good ... well come to find out the check was printed wrong & the #'s the bank was looking for were at the top of the attached part so I just had to bring the whole thing to the bank and they were able to make it work - hope this makes sense & good luck.

Valued Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@sueeich When you received the check in the mail was it perforated w/the check on top & the explanation kind of thing on the botttom?  This happened to me one time, my bank said the check didn't have the tracking numbers on the bottom so the check was no good ... well come to find out the check was printed wrong & the #'s the bank was looking for were at the top of the attached part so I just had to bring the whole thing to the bank and they were able to make it work - hope this makes sense & good luck.

Actually, I did keep the bottom portion of the refund check and, yes!, the transit routing number and account number are printed on there.  I have never had that happen before.  Really weird.  As I've said before, how does something like this happen to a multi-national company?  After 35 years, they should have their act together.  Apparently, they are sending me a new check for the refund, so we shall see.