Honored Contributor

Re: Received a FB message from QVC on my mother's order -No Permission

[ Edited ]

@dinajay wrote:

She does not have facebook and she never has had one but I still checked to see if the FB box  was checked and it was not- If it was she doesn't have an account so it owuldn't have mattered 

@dinajay, Even though she doesn't use Facebook, if you have a Facebook account and if you have used any of their apps -- including Messenger -- they have access to her information in your contacts listings and third-party companies (such as QVC) are able to cross-reference the information because of permissions granted.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
New Contributor

That's crazy- What if this was a gift? This is highly intrusive and very alarming

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dinajay wrote:

That's crazy- What if this was a gift? This is highly intrusive and very alarming

@dinajay,  It is extremely intrusive, and it's the reason we have to carefully, word-for-word, scrutinize permissions we grant when we use "free" websites and "free apps."   They actually come with a price.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova