Respected Contributor

Rebate sites and returns for QVC credit?

Hoping someone might know the answer here or maybe a moderator could comment. It concerns making a QVC purchase and going through a rebate site like Rakuten, Mr. Rebates, TopCashback, etc. If you return the item but ask for a QVC store credit rather then a refund, does this still show as a return on the rebate site and you lose your cashback reward anyway? Probably so but not sure. Just curious if anyone knows how that works. Thanks for any help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rebate sites and returns for QVC credit?

You should probaby contact the CS for the actual rebate site you went through to place your order, to inquire about their policy.  One may or may not do what another does.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cant be 100% certain but been using these rebate sites for 15 years now, and my common sense tells me that if you return something using any method, your rebate goes away!! Vendors are very quick to rid you of your rebates, very quick!!!

Honored Contributor

I use Topcashback and my rebate was taken away.  My guess is that it just shows in the system as a return.  I went through the rebate site again when I made my next purchase and applied my credit as payment.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  @Shelbelle  @Lipstickdiva, thank you all for your replies. I think it will show as just another return, too, and the cash rebate will be denied. The rebate sites never miss a beat. HA! But really, I guess it makes sense as it technically is a return on that purchase and shouldn't be eligible for the rebate. I'm not complaining...I love those sites and have gotten a lot of money back in my pocket. And I never even knew about them till someone years ago here on the forums mentioned it. 

Thanks again!

pup   

Esteemed Contributor

So I guess it's the same as using a coupon at a Store. You return the item and you lose the discount. Makes sense.