Frequent Contributor

I ordered an item on 10/28/18, paying 22 for it, a few days later I see the same exact item on clearance for 14 and change, I got on chat to ask for a price adjustment, and was denied because the rep told me it was asis, which is not true, the she goes on saying it was a different item number, then she says it has a different name, what on earth is going on? I checked and yes it has a different iten number, but it's the same exact item I received. Trying to get away from me the price adjustment, after being a loyal customer for many years is unacceptable. This morning again I got on chat to get free shipping on a item I ordered 2 days ago, there was no problem with that, but I also again asked CS for a price adjustment on the other item, she tried in every way to get away with it saying it was never at a lower price, just because they changed the item number! Shame on you QVC for treating customers in such a dishonest way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Really QVC?

[ Edited ]

Sometimes they put similar items from previous years on sale.  They may look the same but may come in different colors or have other minute differences, and have different item numbers.  The idea is to get rid of old merchandise.   If you want the older item, buy it and return the one you already ordered.   Frankly, I'm surprised they'd give you free shipping on a purchase made 2 days ago when there was no free shipping.  I'd say you were treated very fairly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Kachina. Maybe you misinformed that there is a 30 day policy on price adjustments and S&H, it's happened many times in the past and I always got free shipping in a 30 day period, as far as the item I requested a price adjustment, it is the same item, in color and shape. 

QVC Customer Care

@carba wrote:

I ordered an item on 10/28/18, paying 22 for it, a few days later I see the same exact item on clearance for 14 and change, I got on chat to ask for a price adjustment, and was denied because the rep told me it was asis, which is not true, the she goes on saying it was a different item number, then she says it has a different name, what on earth is going on? I checked and yes it has a different iten number, but it's the same exact item I received. Trying to get away from me the price adjustment, after being a loyal customer for many years is unacceptable. This morning again I got on chat to get free shipping on a item I ordered 2 days ago, there was no problem with that, but I also again asked CS for a price adjustment on the other item, she tried in every way to get away with it saying it was never at a lower price, just because they changed the item number! Shame on you QVC for treating customers in such a dishonest way.

Hi @carba thank you for posting in our Community forums and your recent orders. I apologize that there was a price discrepancy on this item. I do see that the representative did issue a refund for the price difference. Please email at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com if further assistance is needed, thank you. ~Kim

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Kim.

Honored Contributor

Re: Really QVC?

[ Edited ]

@carba wrote:

Kachina. Maybe you misinformed that there is a 30 day policy on price adjustments and S&H, it's happened many times in the past and I always got free shipping in a 30 day period, as far as the item I requested a price adjustment, it is the same item, in color and shape. 

I totally disagree there is a 30 day policy for free shipping.

30 days for a sale price adjustment on an item, but NOT to get shipping taken off.  The fine print says not valid on previous orders.

It they did that for you, consider yourself lucky!

I'm sure you didn't mean it, but your post comes across a bit harsh.  If that was the tone with C/S, it could be perhaps why they were reluctant to orginally give you the sale price.

Afterall, it IS a different item number and that is what they are trained to go by.

Glad it all worked out  to your satisfaction in the end.

Frequent Contributor

You disagree or not doesn't matter! The fact remains that I have already received the refund for the S&H, which has occurred many times in the past, once I was refunded 14 on S&H, which means it can be done, or else it wouldn't! Now let's pass to the price adjustment, that was the problem with the rep, would you pay 7 more on an item that cost only 14? I was aked to send the item received back and then reorder, mean while I had gifted the item, so that made it impossible. As far as finding me harsh and assuming I had aproached CS with harshness, how do know? you also assumed that's this reason why I was denied a price adjustment, meanwhile I'm more than sure that as a QVC customer it must have happened more than once to ask for a price adjustment. Mean while as customer service replied there has been a descrepancy with that articular item reason I am getting refunded.

Valued Contributor

@carba wrote:

You disagree or not doesn't matter! The fact remains that I have already received the refund for the S&H, which has occurred many times in the past, once I was refunded 14 on S&H, which means it can be done, or else it wouldn't! Now let's pass to the price adjustment, that was the problem with the rep, would you pay 7 more on an item that cost only 14? I was aked to send the item received back and then reorder, mean while I had gifted the item, so that made it impossible. As far as finding me harsh and assuming I had aproached CS with harshness, how do know? you also assumed that's this reason why I was denied a price adjustment, meanwhile I'm more than sure that as a QVC customer it must have happened more than once to ask for a price adjustment. Mean while as customer service replied there has been a descrepancy with that articular item reason I am getting refunded.

I would agree that you come across and as a harsh.    Glad QVC is helping you. 

Honored Contributor

QVC offers free s/h periodically as a special just like they run flash sale events and offer merchandise on 4, 5 or 5 flex-pays.  In those instances, you have to shop while that special event is going on.

I find it awfully nervy of anyone to expect QVC to refund s/h on items previously purchased when they are having a free s/h event.  I wouldn't even have the nerve to call and ask for such an adjustment.  Can you imagine if everyone that had ordered over the last 30 days called and demanded that their s/h be refunded? 

I just have to shake my head at what some feel they are entitled to.