Honored Contributor

Re: Really QVC? Oatmeal With My LOGO? What's Up With That?

@Marp wrote:

I now buy the Quaker granola bars because of the samples received from HSN.  I've not yet received any from Q but I don't have any current orders.

I got a sample of those, too, and liked them enough to buy them.  I think it's a good chance to try something new for free.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I now buy the Quaker granola bars because of the samples received from HSN.  I've not yet received any from Q but I don't have any current orders.

I got a sample of those, too, and liked them enough to buy them.  I think it's a good chance to try something new for free.

If I had not received the sample I would not have bought a box.   If I found a single bar to purchase and try I may have but not a box of something I might not like.  There are many granola bars I do not like. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I feel cheated...nothing I received before Christmas came with any snacks. Waaaah!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd  To find oatmeal on the front of or stuffed in a pocket of any 'as is' would not be funny at all.

I buy 'as is' and have been treated to really BAD add-ons that I did not want, did not ask for, certainly did not pay for that some women have worn and left surprises in sweater pockets.  I get it that 'as is' products can mean someone else had the stuff. 

I DO NOT appreciate the fact that the Q's return team members who at the very least opens our returns but that's it.  They DO NOT check the stuff to make sure it's okay to be sent out to others.  I speak with authority on this fact.  Two sweaters with DIRTY SNOT RAGS in pockets is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I really hope no one gets the oatmeal, eats it in a cereal bowl, spills it on the garment they have then decides to pack it up and return it.

And as my final note here, shouting a a HUGE THANKS to the 2 lovely women who bought Denim & Co item A259188, wore them, blew their noses and then stuck the DIRTY SNOT RAGS in the pocket and thought it would be okay to return these sweaters.  Oh let's not forget to say another HUGE THANKS to the return team for checking these returns.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

It is not strange at all.

A company pays QVC to include samples in random packages.  It is a revenue stream for QVC and helps to subsidize the cost of doing business.  In other words, it keeps costs down for the consumer, and some people get free products to try.

QVC is hardly the first company to do this.  HSN has done it in the past, and I occasionally get samples from other companies (I have even gotten them from Amazon). 

If anything is strange, it would be the complaints.

@KYToby wrote:

A company pays QVC to include samples in random packages.  It is a revenue stream for QVC and helps to subsidize the cost of doing business.  In other words, it keeps costs down for the consumer, and some people get free products to try.

QVC is hardly the first company to do this.  HSN has done it in the past, and I occasionally get samples from other companies (I have even gotten them from Amazon). 

Drugstore.com sent samples quite often--granola bars, etc.

Honored Contributor

I wish we would get fragrance samples and shower gel samples.

Esteemed Contributor

I love getting free samples. Thank you!
Honored Contributor

I draw the line when they include a Poise sample.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I draw the line when they include a Poise sample.

@AuntG  You will welcome that one when you are my age.  I'd rather have that than the granola which according to the pkg. has tons of calories in it.  No calories in Poise pads!  LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

I get why they do it, but I've never heard of it happening or received anything like that (and apparently by the responses here, same for a lot of other folks), so to berate them for finding it odd to find food in their shoes or clothing shipments is foolish.

I'd have either thrown the food away, or called QVC to see if they do such things. I would find it a little disturbing, not knowing about the practice, and wonder who was messing with my order or if the food was safe to eat.