Honored Contributor

Re: Really QVC? Oatmeal With My LOGO? What's Up With That?

@Kachina624 wrote:

Talk about much ado about nothing!   If you don't want it,  throw it away and move on.   I frequently get food samples in packages,  especially from Zulily,  but never considered them important enough to initiate a discussion. 

As usual, anyone with a question or concern is an idiot in your book. Geez.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TeezNu wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

It is not strange at all.

A company pays QVC to include samples in random packages.  It is a revenue stream for QVC and helps to subsidize the cost of doing business.  In other words, it keeps costs down for the consumer, and some people get free products to try.

QVC is hardly the first company to do this.  HSN has done it in the past, and I occasionally get samples from other companies (I have even gotten them from Amazon). 

If anything is strange, it would be the complaints.

Seems like they could provide a very brief introductory card/note with the sample that would explain why the sample was included - opportunity to promo and educate the consumer.

@TeezNu  Offhand,  I'd say the sample was self-explanatory and no explanation is necessary. 

I've been shopping with QVC for 20 years, and heavily oftentimes. I've never seen a free sample of anything or even heard it happens. I too would expect some sort of insert as an explanation. 

It is simply odd to include grocery store type food samples (as opposed to something they sell at Q) in clothing purchased from an online retailer, with no explanation that it was indeed something they offered. I say anyone who had never experienced it or heard it was done who did not have reservations/questions about it would be lacking in judgement.

Now, if they give out samples, that is nice, but it really needs to be known or explained.

Esteemed Contributor

A free sample should come sealed with an explanation that it's a free sample from the company. I have received free samples of laundry detergent and fabric softener from The Shopping Channel in Canada and tossed out the fabric softener packets straight into the trash as they were heavily fragranced. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

i hit the jackpot today......i received TWO samples in my box. thanks qvc! yes, they are all fully packaged and have a card explaining the product.

first sample....quaker simply granola

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

second sample

sample3.jpg

sample4.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i hit the jackpot today......i received TWO samples in my box. thanks qvc! yes, they are all fully packaged and have a card explaining the product.

first sample....quaker simply granola

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

I received this very same product two days ago from HSN with my new sporto shoes. I ate the granola with my yogurt. Smiley Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I got my granola today...it came with an HSN order.  My cat was standing nearby when I took it out of the box and he got all excited...thought it was a little packet of cat treats!   

It was that size and shape.