Honored Contributor

Really QVC? Oatmeal With My LOGO? What's Up With That?

So today I received a few LOGO items from QVC.   The following was very odd, in a couple of ways.

First of all, I ordered the same top in two different colors.  They arrived today in separate bags, which was fine, but included in one bag - and not the other bag with the exact same item only in a different color - was a sample bag of Quaker Granola Oat Meal.  What?   A Quaker cereal packet with my top?  What that heck?  And how was that one particular item chosen to receive an oatmeal sample, out of the three LOGO packages I got in the mail today.  And why is QVC promoting Quaker oat meal?   

Has anyone else here received a cereal sample with clothing?  Mods, why is QVC even doing this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Really QVC? Oatmeal With My LOGO? What's Up With That?

Strange.   I don't think I'd eat it.   

Regular Contributor

I got a pack of oatmeal today too... with my Skechers sneakers.

Honored Contributor

No, in all of my years with QVC, since the beginning, I 've never received a surprise.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Very strange indeed! Someone may be missing their breakfast Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Was it someone's breakfast or was it packaged in a plastic bag with an advertisement and coupon?  Zulily sends samples in plastic bags.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee don't say they never gave you nothing!!!!

Honored Contributor

hsn has been doing this for quite a while. i have received quite a few breakfast granola bars from then. they are all sealed. my daughter loves them. i am fine with receiving a freebie! great way to try something new.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Pearlee don't say they never gave you nothing!!!!

@makena  LOL!

@sunshine45  I don't shop at HSN.   However, food items can make for mice and rats in the warehouse.  Ewwwwww.

Trusted Contributor

It is not strange at all.

A company pays QVC to include samples in random packages.  It is a revenue stream for QVC and helps to subsidize the cost of doing business.  In other words, it keeps costs down for the consumer, and some people get free products to try.

QVC is hardly the first company to do this.  HSN has done it in the past, and I occasionally get samples from other companies (I have even gotten them from Amazon). 

If anything is strange, it would be the complaints.