Super Contributor

Rant about Lowe's online shopping mess

I ordered two area rugs from Lowe's online. I was notified that they would ship in one week. Well, after 10 days I emailed Customer service and asked when they would be delivered. Oh, they said, they aren't available until maybe Sept. or later. I asked why they hadn't told me and all I got was excuses. I am finished with ordering from them. Some of you think the Q has customer service problems. Well, they are far superior than Lowe's!

Regular Contributor

Re: Rant about Lowe's online shopping mess

WE HAD A KITCHEN RENO AND I PICKED OUT A PARTICULaR GRANITE COUNTER AND A BACKSPLASH TO GO WITH, JUST AT THE TIME I WAS EXPECTING MY COUNTER, FINALLY, THEY PULL A SWITCH AND ONLY GIVE ME A CHOICE OF TWO BLACK VERSIONS WHICH  I DIDN'T LIKE, BUT FELT LIKE I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SIGN SOME PAPER AND THE SALES WOMAN IS ON PHONE  TELLING THE GRANITE PEOPLE TO GO AHEAD WITH THE ONE I CHOSE BEFORE, BUT REALLY IT WAS WHAT SHE TOLD ME THAT DAY, IT WAS NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH LOWES AND THEIR CONTRACTING COMPANY. NOW I'M STUCK WITH A MISMATChED KITCHEN.

Super Contributor

My hairdresser ordered linoleum for her kitchen from Lowe's. She wrote down the item #, just in case. They delivered the wrong pattern and when she called customer service, she was told that she was wrong and the clerk who entered the # in the computer to order was right. She argued until they gave in and got her correct flooring. What a mess!!

Super Contributor

I'm going through this right now!  Ordered a fridge online Sunday, the system said delivery this Tuesday.  Get an email a few hours later that it will be delivered on Wednesday.  Today a Lowe's associate from the distribution center to tell me that the fridge is back ordered and they're not sure when it will arrive.  The young lady was very nice, and called two more times today.  The second time she said the model we ordered was actually expected to arrive at their PA warehouse today so we might be back on track for later this week.  The third call she said the system still didn't show them as arrived and she wasn't feeling good about it!  She will call me tomorrow to see what the latest version is.  I can't wait for the next installment of horrific Lowes online ordering issues.....

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

I ordered an outdoor light fixture because the version I needed for my HOA requirements was only available online.

They sent me toilet seats.

The invoice and the order said light fixture, the box was toilet seats.

Four employees, 2 managers (one on the phone) and an hour later, they finally figured out how to refund my light fixture money and return the toilet seats into inventory.

Never again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Wow! This is enlightening.  I will never use Lowe’s online. ThankYou.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I ordered an outdoor light fixture because the version I needed for my HOA requirements was only available online.

They sent me toilet seats.

The invoice and the order said light fixture, the box was toilet seats.

Four employees, 2 managers (one on the phone) and an hour later, they finally figured out how to refund my light fixture money and return the toilet seats into inventory.

Never again.

Hilarious. Reminds me I ordered Christmas Onesie from the Q and received a Christmas wreath. This original order was lost so the Q sent a replacement which was correct. I don’t think your HOA would be happy with toilet seats hanging from the light Post!

Respected Contributor

@Brigitta  I do a lot of my shopping online with Lowes for in-store pickup.  That way I can still get ebates and have the items at the register waiting for my arrival.

I think in my case, it depends on which store you are going to pickup.  I had one store never call to tell me the sale item I ordered on-line was not available.  I finally called them to find out why my order wasn't ready and the clerk told me it was no longer available and my question to her was "didn't she think that she should call me and tell me that?".  She had no answer and seems surprised that I would even expect that to be done.   So I had her cancel my 2 orders (they were the only store with one item), so I opted to use that store - never again.

My preferred store calls to tell me the order is ready, sends an email, and will call if any of the items are not available.  I have never had a problem with that Lowes but the others have some customer service training to do.   A lot of the on-line store experience has to do with the management and what their expectations are for their employees.

......You look like I need a drink.....