Contributor

Random thoughts about what I think may be happening.

So in early October I ordered a DB coat on easy pay, received it, but it was too small and I returned it for an exchange in a larger size.  It took a while for that request to be processed but after a call to CS they did send out the larger size.  While all of that was going on, I found another coat that I thought I would get more wear out of so on November 5th, using the Q return label, I headed to the post office and sent back the DB coat for refund. I always make certain that I receive a tracking receipt from the PO as proof of the return.  Now I know we're living through extraordinary times and things  are tough all over,  but they seem much tougher for QVC than for other online retailers.  It's now December 3rd and my package has still not arrived back to QVC for processing.  I tracked it and it stalled somewhere in York, PA, then miraculously made it's way down to GA - to an FDR facility where it has lived since Nov 17th!!.  So what is an FDR facility?  So here's my random thoughts.  I believe QVC is so overwhelmed that it is "warehousing" returns rather than processing them.  I have had to go through 3 cycles of being charged EZ pay for an item I was no longer in posession of, have placed calls to QVC CS untl finally I got through to a rep who understood the situation and finally processed a refund for me.  So this is what we pay return S&H for?  I'm wondering what other purchasers are experiencing with their returns to QVC.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Random thoughts about what I think may be happening.

That's one of the reasons that if I have to return , I  bundle all my returns  and send via Priority mail in the same box if going to same rtn address. If I  need another size , I just submit a new order  rather than wait for rtn to be processed  as an exchange - found it just takes to long or the item size I need has sold out.

Esteemed Contributor

There have been several complaints on here regarding returns.  Number one reason I am hesitant to shop on the Q anymore.  I do randomly, but nothing like a few years ago and each time I hit the submit order button I hold my breath hoping I actually receive it and that I don't have to return it!  Too stressful.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

There have been several complaints on here regarding returns.  Number one reason I am hesitant to shop on the Q anymore.  I do randomly, but nothing like a few years ago and each time I hit the submit order button I hold my breath hoping I actually receive it and that I don't have to return it!  Too stressful.

I am also reluctant to order much as well

Honored Contributor

@Tall Nurse 1 wrote:

So in early October I ordered a DB coat on easy pay, received it, but it was too small and I returned it for an exchange in a larger size.  It took a while for that request to be processed but after a call to CS they did send out the larger size.  While all of that was going on, I found another coat that I thought I would get more wear out of so on November 5th, using the Q return label, I headed to the post office and sent back the DB coat for refund. I always make certain that I receive a tracking receipt from the PO as proof of the return.  Now I know we're living through extraordinary times and things  are tough all over,  but they seem much tougher for QVC than for other online retailers.  It's now December 3rd and my package has still not arrived back to QVC for processing.  I tracked it and it stalled somewhere in York, PA, then miraculously made it's way down to GA - to an FDR facility where it has lived since Nov 17th!!.  So what is an FDR facility?  So here's my random thoughts.  I believe QVC is so overwhelmed that it is "warehousing" returns rather than processing them.  I have had to go through 3 cycles of being charged EZ pay for an item I was no longer in posession of, have placed calls to QVC CS untl finally I got through to a rep who understood the situation and finally processed a refund for me.  So this is what we pay return S&H for?  I'm wondering what other purchasers are experiencing with their returns to QVC.  

I know we shouldn't compare Q to other retailers, but certainly, once the return has been scanned as a return it should be the responsibility of QVC, in this case, to refund the customer, as they have taken the return.

I think that part of the return fee is for insurance, handling etc 

Respected Contributor

I ordered lamps from an on line company that didn't look how I expected in person vs. on line.  Customer service was excellent.  Returned them at no charge to me and had my refund before my next credit card statement.  This has been my experience with the few things I have to return to an online store.  QVC has been experiencing problems for some time now.  One can only hope it has been brought to the attention of the CEO and CIO and that they are trying to fix it.  It's about the software QVC uses, how the software is set up and implemented.  It's up to the IT deparment to maintain an effective system and deal with problems as they occur.  Personally,  I think since this seems to be an issue for so long that they need to scrap what they have and start over.

Honored Contributor

@Tall Nurse 1.  Why don't you contact the mods for help?  You have this resource....use it!  Email them at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com including your order #.

I recently returned two items the same day, one jewelry  and one a garment.  I received acknowledgement of receipt in about 10 days and my refund a few days later on both.  I was surprised it was so fast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I probably wouldn't be as vocal or concerned about this, were it not for the fact that it  has happened before. The last few returns I've had to make over the past several months have taken 3 weeks to a month to be processed as a return. That just isn't good business practicce.

Frequent Contributor

I stopped using the Q Return Label & instead ship my returns by UPS Ground and pay the UPS fee.  The package arrives at the specified date plus you have a REAL tracking number to use if needed.  When my package arrives, usually in about 5-6 days I just check to make sure they refund that QVC return shipping fee of 6.95 or whatever it is.  I don't mind paying the extra UPS shipping fee to be sure my item gets there in less time.