Esteemed Contributor

Re: Random Website Page Misdirection - Anyone Else?

It continues to happen to me this morning and I am using a laptop.  When I click to move to from one forum to another, I am directed to the Q card application page.

Any moderators want to help?

QVC Customer Care

@qbetzforreal wrote:

It continues to happen to me this morning and I am using a laptop.  When I click to move to from one forum to another, I am directed to the Q card application page.

Hi @qbetzforreal I'm sorry that you and others are experiencing this.  I have opened a service request with our Tech team. 

~Kim

Honored Contributor

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Hi @qbetzforreal I'm sorry that you and others are experiencing this.  I have opened a service request with our Tech team. 

~Kim

Thank you, @Kim-QVC. You are the only moderator I've seen who has addressed this in the 24+ hrs it's been going on, in multiple threads. We do appreciate your reporting it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

~Kim

Thank you, @Kim-QVC. You are the only moderator I've seen who has addressed this in the 24+ hrs it's been going on, in multiple threads. We do appreciate your reporting it.

ditto

Honored Contributor

I"m not having this problem but I am still having the problem of having to re-log-in several times while I'm on the forums, like I'm being timed out. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I"m not having this problem but I am still having the problem of having to re-log-in several times while I'm on the forums, like I'm being timed out. 

That's just an everyday part of the forums for me. I can have a QVC forum tab open for 15 minutes, leave it open, go to another tab, and when I go back to QVC in a minute I'm logged out. 

And heaven forbid I should close the tab accidentally - instant bump-out. Other websites don't bump you out after an hour or two, or a few minutes. When I'm logged into Amazon or many other sites, I'm logged in for weeks, often a month.

I can think of reasons why they do it, but I don't really care what the reason is, it's a PIT*.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

I turned off the popup blocker to get a screen shot of what I think is the culprit...  or, at least, one of the culprits.

image.jpeg

Yes, @dooBdoo, I'm having this issue as well. The main issue is that if I hit for example "Q Talk", instead of going to Q Talk it takes me to a main sales page. The pop-up is just happening to me randomly with no specific pattern. It doesn't actually "stop" me from going where I want to go, but it's annoying enough that it'd be a cold day in Hades before I actually ever would be tempted to click on what's being shoved in my face all day.

@Moonchilde, I never click on those popups either.    This particular software mess is a clear pattern.    When these special offers begin, and the first popup happens at midnight eastern time, the same software gltches show up...   we have to click twice on a forum name to actually get there and at times instead of the forum we find ourselves on a shopping page or Q Card offer page.  

Then, when the special offer ends...  and that means pacific time zone...  those particular glitches go away.

I can pretty much guarantee this will reappear with the next special offer that's accompanied by that kind of popup I offered as an example.   If the tech team at Lithium cared about cleaning up the sloppy programming they would take these clues and use them to correct the problem.

(@Kim-QVC, @Eva-QVC, @Barbara-QVC, @Beth-QVC)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova