Honored Contributor

Random Website Page Misdirection - Anyone Else?

All day today, when I click on different forums - CC, Wellness, anything at random - instead of going to that forum page, the click takes me to a shopping page. 

I had the sign-on and vicious circle between Sign-In/Shopping (but no forums) this morning, but clearing the cache fixed that. But still, clicking on any random page in the forums takes me to shopping pages, not the forums.

Anyone else?

Using Chrome for iPad.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Random Website Page Misdirection - Anyone Else?

yes

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it has happened very randomly to me too.  It happens a few times over a few days and then doesn't happen again for weeks or months.

Honored Contributor

no, this is not happening for me. i am on a laptop.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes., tonight when I sign in, I'm taken to order inquiry where I have to go to the bottom for forums & blogs, at which time I must repeat the whole scenario and sign in again.  After a half dozen or so tries, I finally make it in. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde, I don't have a problem with the sign-in but I have seen the redirection to a shopping page.   It only happens on my iPad or iPhone (using Safari).  Doesn't happen on my Mac (Firefox and Chrome).

Hard to describe, but on those mobile devices if I tap a subforum name using the list on the left side of the page the site seems to try to select a whole section of subforums the first time...  then if I tap the forum name again I usually go to the right place.    Unless I find myself on a shopping page with a list of products, that is.

If I look at the main forum list of threads and try to select the subforum name instead of the thread title, I have to tap it twice to get it to work.

I've noticed I can predict when it will happen, though.   Every time they have a special offer that shows up as a little box that slides in from the side or the bottom of the page, I can be sure these bugs will be with us until the special offer is over.   No amount of cookie/history/cache clearing helps.   (Not everyone sees this little popup since some blockers work to prevent it.)    Something about adding that notice sends the website software into malfunction land, every single time.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I turned off the popup blocker to get a screen shot of what I think is the culprit...  or, at least, one of the culprits.

image.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

no, this is not happening for me. i am on a laptop.

QVC IT seems to have muchos problemos with Android ans Apple OS.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I turned off the popup blocker to get a screen shot of what I think is the culprit...  or, at least, one of the culprits.

image.jpeg

Yes, @dooBdoo, I'm having this issue as well. The main issue is that if I hit for example "Q Talk", instead of going to Q Talk it takes me to a main sales page. The pop-up is just happening to me randomly with no specific pattern. It doesn't actually "stop" me from going where I want to go, but it's annoying enough that it'd be a cold day in Hades before I actually ever would be tempted to click on what's being shoved in my face all day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

YEs. I am using a IPAD 3rd generation with Safari as the browser.  has occurred two or three times with no evident clear pattern.  

I also notice it is taking me to the same page each time. I cannot tell what page it is but the three products shown on the top row are a 8 piece Lock and Lock storage set, a Spear head garden shovel and a D&B Ruby Ditsy bag.