Honored Contributor

REVIEW SYSTEM INTEGRITY

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC @Melvin-QVC or any other moderator:

Take a look at the most recent "review" for item A288662, dated 5/3/18 by SharShar.

This isn't even a review; it's a complaint about not being able to cancel an order for the item!

This kind of thing has been going on for years, with people posting "reviews" that clearly show the person has never even purchased the item.  Sometimes they even give 5-star reviews for something they clearly state they don't have.  (A recent one is for a Joan Rivers pin which is new - and the person says she's "owned it for several years".  Really???)

Even if you report a fraudulent review, it never gets removed.

Is QVC ever going to do anything about this type of thing which undermines the entire integrity of your review system?  Is the review system managed by an outside company?  They can "vet" perfectly legitimate reviews for seemingly inoccuous infractions of the "rules", but can't weed out blatantly false "reviews"?

This has been brought up so many times over years and promises have been made to fix the problem, but nothing is ever done.  Why not?  It seems a clear indication that QVC truly doesn't care about the honesty of its review system.  (Whoever is being paid to administer the review system is being paid too much and doing a very poor job.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia   I know its dishearteningly to read this type of "review", especially if you are a consciencious writer of reviews where you try to give helpful, accurate information.  I don't think our trusty mods have anything to do with this function, but I wish they'd at least forward our concerns to the appropriate person.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Venezia~I recently had an awful experience with the new protein powder they are selling. It came open, the seal was opened! And the amount of product was only halfway up the container! I contacted CS and told them, offered to send photos & they said it wasn’t necessary and gave me a refund. We immediately disposed of the powder & recycled the container. 

I asked if it would be ok to post a review with the photos and, the rep said yes. So, I did just that under a thread about the product. That was about two weeks ago.. I haven’t seen my post up yet! 

I think the “editing” of reviews by the mods., often goes a tad too far!

QVC Customer Care

@Gemspirit

Please be aware that the Mods do not have the authority nor the access to moderate reviews. Unforotunately the representative you spoke to was incorrect in the information you were provided - no photos can be posted in our reviews. I think that is why you will not see the review.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC- I'm aware that none of the moderators can access/modify any reviews, but I'm hoping the feedback will be forwarded to someone who can do something about a long-standing problem.

This really shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Perhaps you can tell us to whom we can write or speak to address the issue?

Honored Contributor

AMAZING!!!  Someone actually removed the fraudulent "review" for this item (A288662).  Never seen that happen before.  Woman Surprised

QVC Customer Care

@Venezia

Please be assured we forward all feedback, suggestions and requests to the relevent parties.

Beth QVC

Super Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Gemspirit

Please be aware that the Mods do not have the authority nor the access to moderate reviews. Unforotunately the representative you spoke to was incorrect in the information you were provided - no photos can be posted in our reviews. I think that is why you will not see the review.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC  -- I'm confused as I see occasionally see photos posted in reviews.  For example, there are photos in three reviews on the first page of J326502 - Diamonique 3.00 cctw Solitaire Ring.