Esteemed Contributor

RETURNED ITEMS DURING CORONA VIRUS

I understand it’s a nice thing the Q is offering 90 days to return an item and I realize the Virus doesn’t love on items for a long time but it seems a bit unsanitary to take those items back and in most cases resell them. The losses I presume will
be huge. Just thinking out loud
Honored Contributor

Re: RETURNED ITEMS DURING CORONA VIRUS

[ Edited ]

My guess there is some protocol to restocking many items at reputable retailers.  I know there are at at least a few retailers that still are taking returns.  

I'm glad grocery stores aren't accepting returns. My brother works at one and says people who hoarded toilet paper and cleaning products get mad when they won't take products back.  Who knows where they've been or who has touched them.  Ours aren't accepting can/bottle redemptions that won't go through the machines too. 

I've ordered a few things from other retailers and always spray packages with lysol and let them sit a couple of days before opening.  Then I wash my hands again.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart. Thank you. I presume they will take precautions. As I said I was just thinking outloud

Respected Contributor

“I suspect that you can find viability of the virus for several hours to maybe a day on clothes,” infectious disease expert Amesh A. Adalja, MD, senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in Maryland, tells Health. “It depends largely on the environmental conditions—temperature and humidity impact the growth of the virus.”

In general, Dr. Adalja says he doesn’t believe that clothes act as a “major vehicle spread” for the new coronavirus. 

So the virus is long gone by the time you get the clothes.  Otherwise wash all new clothes when you receive them.  The bigger problem is your own clothes 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum why are my clothes the bigger problem?I know where my clothes have been and they are washed right away after I wear them out to grocery shop.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Bhvbum why are my clothes the bigger problem?I know where my clothes have been and they are washed right away after I wear them out to grocery shop.

Yes!  You are exactly right.  Your clothes could possibly carry the virus and washing them is the right thing to do.  That's why we use social distance to help avoid that.  Shipped clothes have many days in the whole process, your clothes are happening right now.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of something that is puzzling to me. Why would people sneeze into their elbow? Then walk around all day with that on their clothing? Sure, wash it when you get home, but meanwhile you've spread your germs all over town. Just cover your mouth with a handkerchief or kleenex and wash your hands after using it.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline    You don't always have a tissue or hankerchief handy when you sneeze but you always have an elbow handy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Well, I saw your post.   I got an Issac top and believe it was a return.    It smells awful.   I think it was sprayed with something and OMG I started having an asthma attack.  Probably spraying and keeping it in plastic and it took forever.  I had it in my dining room and had to put it outside until I can return.  They should make sensitive people aware if they are going to spray chemicals on clothing.