Honored Contributor

It seems that UPS has been instructed to take QVC packages to a UPS store if no one is home on the first attempt to deliver, instead of having UPS return the next day to deliver.  I do not like this policy.  

I have been home many times only to find a notice the next day.  UPS never came to the door, so I had no way of knowing anyone was trying to deliver.

I pay QVC for delivery of packages, then I am forced to drive all the way to a store the next day to get the package.  Sometimes it is days before I am able to go to the store, stand in line, produce ID, sign for and then receive it.

Please consider changing the policy.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Sounds like an urban legend.  My UPS guy just dumps the packages and runs.  No knock, no doorbell.  We don't have to sign and there are no second deliveries. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Sounds like an urban legend.  My UPS guy just dumps the packages and runs.  No knock, no doorbell.  We don't have to sign and there are no second deliveries. 

@Kachina624  I could write a book!  One UPS guy will lean on his horn on the way up the driveway, my dogs bark, and downstairs I go to meet him.  

The reason I have to sign is that months ago, UPS did not deliver four packages on a day when they stated that they had.  I filed a claim.  Everytime UPS messes up, I pay the consequences in having to sign.  I track as much as I can, but some companies don't provide a tracking, and many times, not here either.  Before the missing packages, drop and zoom off is what they did.  We had put large signs up telling them not to toss packages over the gate, so one night, the girl did, the package got stuck and broken when the gate opened when DH came home.  

One night last week, the guy showed up at almost 9:00pm when I was on the way to bed.  I told him this was a bad time to be delivering.  I am always the last on the list, so annoying not to ever know when they will show up, but I know it will be late, usually.

Trusted Contributor

I had that happen, too. A long time ago I didn't get a delivery then had to sign for the next one. On UPS to make changes, If you go to the UPS website and create an account you can set up delivery instructions. I personally haven't, but you might try to see if they can make a second attempt. 

Respected Contributor

Re: REQUEST RE UPS

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the issue is with UPS -- not QVC.  Also multiple reports of items not being received.

Honored Contributor

My UPS guy is great. However, he just barely rings the doorbell.  The packages are always left.  I never have to personally receive them from him. However, if it's a very heavy package, I try to catch him so that he'll bring it in the house for me (which he does willingly).  I've never received a notice to pick up a package at the UPS store.  Maybe it's something new?  Regional?

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I had that happen, too. A long time ago I didn't get a delivery then had to sign for the next one. On UPS to make changes, If you go to the UPS website and create an account you can set up delivery instructions. I personally haven't, but you might try to see if they can make a second attempt. 

@StraytoStay  I think I will call and ask, though once I was told a second attempt would be made but it wasn't which is why I asked the guy who honks his horn for me and he said that after the first attempt, they are done with it, and has the nerve to tell me I am killing him as he has to wait until I can get downstairs, tough nooggies I say to that, though as I mentioned, it seems only to be QVC packages that are automatically taken to a store, because a package from another company was delivered on the second attempt.  I know because I heard the truck at the end of the driveway, dogs were barking, so I yelled down, but then heard the truck tear off, this was a Saturday, and the package was delivered to me on Monday.

I know the key is not to buy anything that is to be delivered by UPS.  There are other companies.  Zulily uses FedEx and OnTrac, think they took me off the UPS list when I told them UPS didn't deliver two packages, two of the four I mentioned earlier, and zulily refunded me for one so I could buy it again, and UPS replaced the other, a fountain,so a sizable item and cost.  It arrived with no explanation so it had to be UPS.

Honored Contributor

Re: REQUEST RE UPS

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

Sounds like the issue is with UPS -- not QVC.  Also multiple reports of items not being received.

@makena  Yes, huge issues with UPS, but the issue I am speaking about is the policy for a package to be taken to a store without a second and third attempt which is supposedly the UPS policy.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

My UPS guy is great. However, he just barely rings the doorbell.  The packages are always left.  I never have to personally receive them from him. However, if it's a very heavy package, I try to catch him so that he'll bring it in the house for me (which he does willingly).  I've never received a notice to pick up a package at the UPS store.  Maybe it's something new?  Regional?

@Krimpette  Once, I ordered a Valerie chest, and UPS only sent one person, and he would not deliver it to my door, too heavy for me to move, so I told him to take it with him because no one here could carry it.  He left it at the bottom of the driveway near the road, so I had to call customer service and go through a lot as they at first couldn't realize that UPS would not deliver it, so UPS had to come back and take it, very upsetting, so now I can't order anything from here that is sizable. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl Makes me even more thankful for my UPS guy!!!