Occasional Visitor

I'm rather frustrated with QVC. I was looking forward to receiving one heck of a deal on item K46762.

I was told due to Coffee containing something considered hazardous to the state of California they would not allow me to place the order as is. I spoke with a representative from UPS and they stated there is no issues and "will ship any package containing coffee to California with no issues." 

I work for a manufacturer that ships any which way to accommodate to customers. If we are unsure with if we can ship. We obtain that information. I did my due diligence to see if this can be delivered to me. I really do not see why they can't do their part and serve a potential customer. 

I guess customer satisfaction isn't a big priority to QVC!!! 

QVC Customer Care

Re: REFUSING TO TAKE MY ORDER

@David Vargas

We are sorry that we are unable to ship anything with coffee into the state of California. We are currently working to find a way to resume shipping but I understand that it is more likely towards the end of the year.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@David Vargas.  Maybe you need to take your complaint up with the State of California?  Surely you don't expect QVC to violate the law just for your satisfaction?  They can only do what is legal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

probably because the coffee you are trying to purchase doesnt come with the required "warning label" for california. you can thank the state of california for not being able to get your coffee.

via washington post

Storm clouds are brewing in California’s coffee cups. Companies across the state will have to add a cancer-warning label to coffee, a judge ruled this week, because the drink contains a chemical called acrylamide.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elihu M. Berle sided with a nonprofit organization in a case against Starbucks, Peets and dozens of other coffee chains, saying that businesses that sold coffee were in violation of a state regulation called Proposition 65. Prop 65 requires businesses with at least 10 employees to disclose any carcinogens and toxic chemicals in their products.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@David Vargas   Please realize that UPS will ship it because they ship thousands of packages a day for QVC. It’s not their responsibility to ask what’s in the boxes.However,QVC aware of the new law can get into big legal trouble if they ship an illegal package over state lines into California.

Regular Contributor

Check with the state of California--that's most likely where the snafu is.  They require sp many 'costly regulations' with warnngs, inspections and things all in the name of keeping product safety.     

Respected Contributor

@David Vargas wrote:

I'm rather frustrated with QVC. I was looking forward to receiving one heck of a deal on item K46762.

I was told due to Coffee containing something considered hazardous to the state of California they would not allow me to place the order as is. I spoke with a representative from UPS and they stated there is no issues and "will ship any package containing coffee to California with no issues." 

I work for a manufacturer that ships any which way to accommodate to customers. If we are unsure with if we can ship. We obtain that information. I did my due diligence to see if this can be delivered to me. I really do not see why they can't do their part and serve a potential customer. 

I guess customer satisfaction isn't a big priority to QVC!!! 

This has nothing to do with QVC and everything to do with California laws and flags on chemicals. QVC cannot simply decide not to follow a law. If you have an issue with it, I recommend calling your California state representatives and the company who manufactured the coffee. 

Esteemed Contributor

@David Vargas, I would suggest that you take this issue up with your state representatives.  You cannot blame any company for not shipping to a state where the item is not permitted.  I live in a state where at this time we still cannot have wine shipped in or out of our state and many of us have complained.  The bill is in our state legislature.  It may take some time, but it is up to you to make your voice heard if you want change.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

For a list of the top ten sources of acrylamide go to

https://www.healwithfood.org/list/foods-high-in-acrylamide.php

i suppose now all of these food items will have to come with warning labels.  

It's just about everything that most people eat.