Frequent Contributor

Once again I found an item I had purchased was reduced.  customer Service was very nice and credited me with the difference but not the tax which was paid on the original price.  This money doesn't belong to QVC, it belongs to me but the Customer Srvice Rep said she is not able to credit me the money.   This has been going on forever when I request a refund on a sale item.  It must be illegal!

Can someone address this problem????  Thank you in advance for your anticipated reply. 

Honored Contributor

This issue has been addressed numerous times.  People who would concern themselves over the pennies involved must have lots of spare time on their hands.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If it bothers you so much, call back and speak to another CSR, sometimes one does what another one wont do. 

Honored Contributor

If you use a "tax preparer", you can ask for a refund on your state tax return....      (I would find this too complicated to attempt myself).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

New York State - at 8% tax - it's not insignificant.....which is applied to the product plus shipping/handling charge.

Example OF QVC actual charge to me.......   Product costing $55.41 + S/H X  8 percent = Total Tax $4.87

That amount could - would buy me fresh vegetables

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This issue has been addressed numerous times.  People who would concern themselves over the pennies involved must have lots of spare time on their hands.

@Kachina624  It is HER MONEY.  She deserves a credit.

It has nothing to do with her having spare time. Every penny counts, these days  with terrible inflation especially. You are fortunate to be able to not concern yourself with such an issue....losing just Pennys as you put it.

I would concern myself, as I will not pay more tax than I have too

Honored Contributor

@fthunt    Except that the majority of shoppers use easy pay so a refund would be negligible.  The OP was referring to a price difference refund which is usually less than $10., making a potential tax refund less than .80¢.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: REFUND OF TAX CHARGED

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Yes, it's been brought up for years and years and hasn't changed, with the explanation that QVC pays the tax to the state of the order's origin, as required by tax laws, QVC doesn't keep it.

If someone has a problem with the tax charged, yet not refunded, by QVC and thinks it's something 'illegal', they should contact their state's government representatives or their state's Attorney General.

No one here, even Customer Care can resolve this to the OP's satisfaction.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: REFUND OF TAX CHARGED

[ Edited ]

There;s no good reason they can't do it, other than incompetence.  If they can charge tax on purchases, they can credit tax on price adjustments.  Claim it on your state income tax return, if possible.  Otherwise, write a letter to QVc's tax department.  The amount is small but it's the principle.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   I have no idea whether qvc can or cannot return sales taxes because I don't know the laws.

I think HSN collects the entire sales tax with the first installment.  Maybe the secret is in there somehow.