Regular Contributor

Question for long time customers

I returned an item and received a refund and then the next month's easy pay was taken out of my account? With all the issues I have had lately I'm concerned, yes I called customer service and they said it would drop off, but why did it charge in the first place weeks after the return. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Question for long time customers

[ Edited ]

update, the charge was because I used a QVC label to return it, they charged me 9+ dollars for return shipping. so my card was charged without my authorization for a return shipping charge. 

QVC Customer Care

@Iris in bloom  Please let us know if your credit card is billed for the authorization that was called in for the prepaid label. You should see that witin the next few days.  If the card is indeed billed, please send us an email with the reason for the return and the order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com 

Esteemed Contributor

@Iris in bloom - In the last year or so, the QVC returns policy changed; now, instead of deducting the amount of the QVC return label (when used) from the total return, the label is processed as a separate charge. This approach is designed to make it easier for both the customer and QVC to distinguish the item refund from the return charge.

Esteemed Contributor

Well that makes a lot of sense, @loriqvc   

Honored Contributor

I don't believe my last return was listed as two transactions. The label was deducted from the item price and I received the difference.

$20 item + $3.50 s&h 

Refund $20 item - $6.95 return label

Esteemed Contributor

All of my recent returns using the QVC return label (four in the last three months that were not defective) applied the approach of separate return refunds and label charges.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

All of my recent returns using the QVC return label (four in the last three months that were not defective) applied the approach of separate return refunds and label charges.

@loriqvc I have never seen a separate refund before on my returns.  If the cost of my item is $25 with orignal S&H of $3.50. My refund is shown as $14.55.  The deductions for return were $3.50 +$6.95.

The only time this could not be done was my easy pay installments were a total of 5 and all I paid up front was $5 of the $25.  In those instances, the $3.50 S&H was deducted from my refund of $5, which left me a refund of $1.50 on my credit card.  Then a separate return fee of $6.95 was charged to my credit card when the item returned was received by QVC.

Sorry, I think I made that sound sort of complicated, but hope you get what I am trying to say.

Valued Contributor

I wish the return labels were the same size as the shipping labels.

Esteemed Contributor

@LogoFan - Yes, what you describe totally makes sense, and in years past, that was my experience with returns as well. However, since about the beginning of the year, my refunds have all been processed as I previously described, with a separate charge for the QVC return label if I used it. Interesting.