Super Contributor

Question about reduced item refund

A few weeks ago, I ordered J356052, which is a JAI box chain cuff with hammered endcaps.  The price was $379.  When it arrived, I liked it, but I didn't I couldn't really see the gold on the endcaps.  I thought that it was way overpriced for that little bit of gold.  I had it packaged and ready to go back, but in the meantime, I looked and there was a clearance price of $100 less ($279.)  I called CS, and the representative refunded part of the money and gave me a credit for the rest.  I am not sure why she gave me the refund in two parts, but I was happy.  Now, today, I see that the price has been reduced yet again  for a lunchtime special price of $223.  I just looked, and I bought it on August 22, but it was not delivered until August 29.  Today is October 14.  My question is, does anyone know if there is a 30 day cap on refunds of reduced priced items?

JAI is one brand that plays games with pricing.  I am to the point that I think I will wait at least a month or two before ever ordering a new item again.  It it so frustrating!  Thanks for any information that someone can provide.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about reduced item refund

@KcubedSorry I can't answer your question, but I did want to comment on your resolve to wait to order.

As someone who bought way too much jewelry over her years, I'd say your instinct to wait is good -  with two exceptions.  One is if you totally love what you see and would be really upset if it sold out.  The other is if you're buying a one of a kind item-  but then you're probably not buying mass market like the Q or Amazon or any large chain. 

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed- You can ask the moderators on this forum to answer your question directly, but I've always understood that you can request a refund for anything that drops in price within 30 days of your receipt of the item.

That would put it well outside the date for an additional refund.

I think it's odd that the refund you were given was in two parts.  I'd be asking a mod to explain that.  I wonder if there's some kind of limit on how much they can actually refund (as opposed to a credit).

Honored Contributor

There is no harm in asking.  I think though, it's past the 30 days though.

QVC Customer Care

@Kcubed wrote:

A few weeks ago, I ordered J356052, which is a JAI box chain cuff with hammered endcaps.  The price was $379.  When it arrived, I liked it, but I didn't I couldn't really see the gold on the endcaps.  I thought that it was way overpriced for that little bit of gold.  I had it packaged and ready to go back, but in the meantime, I looked and there was a clearance price of $100 less ($279.)  I called CS, and the representative refunded part of the money and gave me a credit for the rest.  I am not sure why she gave me the refund in two parts, but I was happy.  Now, today, I see that the price has been reduced yet again  for a lunchtime special price of $223.  I just looked, and I bought it on August 22, but it was not delivered until August 29.  Today is October 14.  My question is, does anyone know if there is a 30 day cap on refunds of reduced priced items?

JAI is one brand that plays games with pricing.  I am to the point that I think I will wait at least a month or two before ever ordering a new item again.  It it so frustrating!  Thanks for any information that someone can provide.

Hi @Kcubed - thank you for shopping and posting with us in our Community forums. I apologize for the drop in price on this bracelet. I have sent you an email about the refund. Thank you for being our customer! ~Kim

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed  I don't know of any company that would give you a refund on a second markdown.  I see that Kim answered you, so by now you have your answer.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Thanks so much Kim!