Honored Contributor

Re: Question: Q2 Big Deal RLM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/e2/ee/5ee2eef1f10e36311cf372511ea87249.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I still have the show on my DVR and, as I don't want to be putting words in Robert's mouth, I took down what he said in response to Antonella saying it was a peace sign.  Here it is, for what it's worth:

"Well, I'm a little confused because I'm looking at on the screen what I have in front of me here on the table is not the peace sign.  That is an upside down peace sign.  That is actually...where it came from...that's the sign of the Elk, which was a Viking rune (R-U-N-E), an ancient symbol of protection.  The Elk was the symbol of protection.  And then in the 1950s a British designer turned it around and turned it into the sign for peace - against war.  No more war.  And that became when it was...so it came originally from ancient, ancient, thousands and thousands of years ago meaning that the antler was protection from evil and so why is it some of these..."

Then Antonella interrupted (I think to move things along) and Robert said something about figuring it out.  He did say that they can't be turned around.

He may have said something in subsequent shows, but I haven't watched them yet. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Okay, I still have the show on my DVR and, as I don't want to be putting words in Robert's mouth, I took down what he said in response to Antonella saying it was a peace sign.  Here it is, for what it's worth:

"Well, I'm a little confused because I'm looking at on the screen what I have in front of me here on the table is not the peace sign.  That is an upside down peace sign.  That is actually...where it came from...that's the sign of the Elk, which was a Viking rune (R-U-N-E), an ancient symbol of protection.  The Elk was the symbol of protection.  And then in the 1950s a British designer turned it around and turned it into the sign for peace - against war.  No more war.  And that became when it was...so it came originally from ancient, ancient, thousands and thousands of years ago meaning that the antler was protection from evil and so why is it some of these..."

Then Antonella interrupted (I think to move things along) and Robert said something about figuring it out.  He did say that they can't be turned around.

He may have said something in subsequent shows, but I haven't watched them yet. 

@Venezia yes, this is what I pointed out.  Robert was confused because it was not the Peace sign.  In the listing for choices online, the selection would have been "Elk" not "Peace."   Plus most of the photos online were at first the Peace sign, then later in the day they were switched out, except for one, to be the Elk sign.  I have never even heard of the Elk sign (and I dare say most customers have not either), and I would not be wearing that around my neck, no matter how lovely the story. 

Perhaps it was QVC that was wrong and thought they were selling a Peace sign necklace instead.  Again, the online choices had you select a Peace sign, not an Elk sign. 

I'm glad some like the Elk sign and bought it and will enjoy it.  Not me.  But no biggie, I saved money.

Respected Contributor

Well, I tried to cancel my order like 5 minutes after I bought it, but it said the order was "in Process" and would not let me cancel.  I ordered it strictly off of the email that Q sent me.

I did a brief online chat with CS and was told I could not cancel.

This morning I got an email saying that the item had been backordered from the manufacturer!  Maybe the DID make it wrong???!!!

I was able to cancel the necklace via the email.  

This was never an option when prior orders were backordered.

Just interesting IMO.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

Well, I tried to cancel my order like 5 minutes after I bought it, but it said the order was "in Process" and would not let me cancel.  I ordered it strictly off of the email that Q sent me.

I did a brief online chat with CS and was told I could not cancel.

This morning I got an email saying that the item had been backordered from the manufacturer!  Maybe the DID make it wrong???!!!

I was able to cancel the necklace via the email.  

This was never an option when prior orders were backordered.

Just interesting IMO.

@redwingsgal  Exactly.  It was definitely a mistake.  QVC offered a Peace sign necklace as one of the choices, and then turned all the photos upside down later the next day to match the incorrect upside down Peace sign.  That was dishonest.   QVC should have owned up to the mistake and immediately placed that necklace on backorder so it could be made correctly. 

So now they are trying to make it right by placing future orders on backorder until they manufacture the necklace correctly(?).

Have you read the reviews?  People are not happy! 

Perhaps you can order it on waitlist now.  Those should be in the new batch that should presumeably be correct.