Trusted Contributor

It would be helpful if what you ordered was what you were sent. 

I saw a bracelet I was interested in as a gift. I ordered the Average (7 1/4 inches).

I was sent an 8 inch bracelet. 

Now, I told the very nice (not being sarcastic, he was very nice) Customer Service person that I was returning the bracelet. I told him I was not exchanging because I didn't trust that I'd get the correct size. One review said the bracelet runs very big; one review says the bracelet runs very small. He said he understood and that he'd put in an exchange. Um. I just said I don't want an exchange. I don't want to wait, yet again, for a bracelet that might be right or might be wrong. No-one could tell me if they sent the Large or if the sizes are off.

So, either the bracelet is sized incorrectly or they sent a size different from the one I ordered. 

The point is, either way, there is no quality control. My time is valuable to me. I don't like spending it on line at the post office. 

Esteemed Contributor

They need quality control in  checking jeans.   I've ordered  jeans/slacks and  they are all to short On air the women who are abt my height  don't appear to be wearing pants to  short  .  I wonder if they are sending out   petite length   by mistake . I wonder  what they are selling are  seconds - meaning   seamstress problems  such as being  sewn to short or  some other  irregularity .

I don't know how they are measuring the inseam , they must measure differently than I do .

Wish they had free shipping because sending  items back gets expensive . You'd think with all the competition  online  they' d offer more free shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH , I see your dilemma.

Although I think shoppers here are really very forgiving, in the long run it's confidence in Q that's eroding.

@skatting44 , lol!  I think there's only one way to measure an inseam.

But yes, the 'ankle length' pant that's been popular for a few years looks too short to me too.

A fitted legging or jegging can get away with ending at or above the ankle bones, but a wider legged pant that ends there just doesn't work for me.

So the pants I'm wearing are longer, and currently out of fashion. Sigh. Somehow, I'm always out of fashion.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@ILTH , I see your dilemma.

Although I think shoppers here are really very forgiving, in the long run it's confidence in Q that's eroding.

@x Hedge 

Yes.

The problem is, QVC wants my business.
QVC wants to keep my money by exchanging the bracelet for the correct size.
QVC can't tell me if, in fact, they sent me the Large or if the sizing of the Average is off.
The problem is, no-one knows, therefore, if I should order another Average or a Small.
The problem is QVC lost a sale and I still don't have a bracelet.

And it's too bad. It's a lovely bracelet. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH , yes, (nodding) your situation is very clear.

At this point, if I were interested in buying jewellery, I'd be wondering if they'd measured 'length of bracelet' with or without the clasp. SMH.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@ILTH , yes, (nodding) your situation is very clear.

At this point, if I were interested in buying jewellery, I'd be wondering if they'd measured 'length of bracelet' with or without the clasp. SMH.

@x Hedge 

It's a bangle. How difficult is it to measure and give the inner circumference, rather than say it fits such-and-such wrist? 

Esteemed Contributor

Like you , I wear what I like and outfits  that I  think looks good on me .  I  very frequently receive compliments  on my outfits . Confident women wear  what they like   and when they feel comfortable  about their out fit  they look gorgeous !