Highlighted
Respected Contributor

QVC will you ever offer the Kindle Oasis?

I know you periodically  sell the paperwhite and fire tablets.   I have problems getting deliveries from Amazon and would buy here if I was able to.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC will you ever offer the Kindle Oasis?

@kcladyz

I will inquire as to if and when and get back to you when I have an answer...

Beth QVC

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

How is kindle oasis different from other kindles?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@happygal wrote:

How is kindle oasis different from other kindles?

@happygal

It's much smaller & has a charging cover. So between the battery in it & the cover you don't have to charge it much. It's also much more expensive. I like mine but it really wasn't worth the price. Plus I got the brown cover- it's more of a suede leather & it gets scratched up easily. I think the other 2 colors (merlot & black) are not suede & wear better. But honestly my Kindle Voyage is just as nice & cheaper.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow.  I didn't even realize there was an Oasis Kindle.  Not sure I'd want one that was smaller though.

Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. ~Greek proverb~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I know you periodically  sell the paperwhite and fire tablets.   I have problems getting deliveries from Amazon and would buy here if I was able to.

Is it because of your address or something?   Ship it to a friend maybe?   Or pay someone to gift it to you?  I love mine.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The screen is not smaller on the Oasis, it has a 6 inch display which is the same size as the other kindle models, except the DX which had a 9.7 inch screen. The device itself is smaller due to the smaller bezel.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

Is it because of your address or something?   Ship it to a friend maybe?   Or pay someone to gift it to you?  I love mine.   

Its the shipping Amazon uses. They have a fulfillment center here  so they use their own drivers or DSL. They never deliver even when I am home. They dump  my packages out side of the other building 3 blocks away where anyone can grab and run off with it and I live in the inner city. Homeless people  and the not honest type can just walk up and take it.  Friends live 2 hours out of town.  With QVC and some other supplliers I can just arrage to pick up my package at the UPS  or FedEx directly

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Wow.  I didn't even realize there was an Oasis Kindle.  Not sure I'd want one that was smaller though.

Same screen size and has a charging cover. Charge lasts for months. Also it is  insanely thin. Thinner than the Voyage.  Comes in Walnut, Merlot, and black color

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

. . .

[ Edited ]

Here's my Oasis with my Iphone 6+.   Charging time is over stated.   Most of those claims are for reading a half hour a day.  

oasis

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*