Respected Contributor

QVC will you ever offer the Kindle Oasis?

I know you periodically  sell the paperwhite and fire tablets.   I have problems getting deliveries from Amazon and would buy here if I was able to.

QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC will you ever offer the Kindle Oasis?

@kcladyz

I will inquire as to if and when and get back to you when I have an answer...

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

How is kindle oasis different from other kindles?

Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

How is kindle oasis different from other kindles?

@Another new name Sue

It's much smaller & has a charging cover. So between the battery in it & the cover you don't have to charge it much. It's also much more expensive. I like mine but it really wasn't worth the price. Plus I got the brown cover- it's more of a suede leather & it gets scratched up easily. I think the other 2 colors (merlot & black) are not suede & wear better. But honestly my Kindle Voyage is just as nice & cheaper.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  I didn't even realize there was an Oasis Kindle.  Not sure I'd want one that was smaller though.

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I know you periodically  sell the paperwhite and fire tablets.   I have problems getting deliveries from Amazon and would buy here if I was able to.

Is it because of your address or something?   Ship it to a friend maybe?   Or pay someone to gift it to you?  I love mine.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

The screen is not smaller on the Oasis, it has a 6 inch display which is the same size as the other kindle models, except the DX which had a 9.7 inch screen. The device itself is smaller due to the smaller bezel.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

Is it because of your address or something?   Ship it to a friend maybe?   Or pay someone to gift it to you?  I love mine.   

Its the shipping Amazon uses. They have a fulfillment center here  so they use their own drivers or DSL. They never deliver even when I am home. They dump  my packages out side of the other building 3 blocks away where anyone can grab and run off with it and I live in the inner city. Homeless people  and the not honest type can just walk up and take it.  Friends live 2 hours out of town.  With QVC and some other supplliers I can just arrage to pick up my package at the UPS  or FedEx directly

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Wow.  I didn't even realize there was an Oasis Kindle.  Not sure I'd want one that was smaller though.

Same screen size and has a charging cover. Charge lasts for months. Also it is  insanely thin. Thinner than the Voyage.  Comes in Walnut, Merlot, and black color

Respected Contributor

Here's my Oasis with my Iphone 6+.   Charging time is over stated.   Most of those claims are for reading a half hour a day.  

oasis

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*