New Contributor

Re: QVC website does not allow me to place online orders

I have the same problem and have reported it to QVC several times, however for whatever reason, they do nothing to look into it, except to tell customers to "use another browser".  Come on QVC, when customers tell you that something is wrong with your website and it is something that can potentially hit your bottom line, especially now, I would think it would be in your best interest to look into it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrRx wrote:

I have the same problem and have reported it to QVC several times, however for whatever reason, they do nothing to look into it, except to tell customers to "use another browser".  Come on QVC, when customers tell you that something is wrong with your website and it is something that can potentially hit your bottom line, especially now, I would think it would be in your best interest to look into it.  

@DrRx 

I totally agree!  ...and I would NEVER ,EVER do any changes to my computer in order to  fix a QVC online problem

This site seems to be constructed by kinderguarteners ,not web designers!  Everyday there seems to be a problem somewhere!   imo

Esteemed Contributor

***Note that this thread has been bumped from a year ago...

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc 

lol.............then nothing much has changed..................  just sayin'

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma - The problem stated by the OP is probably not the same issue being experienced by the latest poster since the OP was very specific; I was just trying to let people know that they might not get the best customer care on an old issue (and the moderators also sometimes archive older posts per forum guidelines).

Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem today. This is 2022 and I have noticed this issue has been ongoing for years! Up until 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have not head any problems ordering online at QVC.com from my PC but all of a sudden now, it won't allow me to place an order. It gives me "“Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788” or "We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable".

I have used 3 different Browsers, cleared my cache of cookies, history, etc., disabled my anti-virus program, contacted Windows & Microsoft folks for a fix and all said that it is an "encoding" issue on QVC's end.

Getting them to fix is impossible because they say no one else is reporting this issue. Am I the only one? Has anyone who had this issue in the past been able to fix on their own?

I am getting the same messages through Automated Order #  AND I am also not able to access the QVC Online Chat either in any browser!

If QVC is reading this, please FIX IT!

Honored Contributor

You might try disableing your browser's extensions.  Sometimes a certain extension will interfere with some websites.  I used to have the Ebates aka Rakuten extension that would automatically take you through their site to get the rebate, but found out it interfered with a site that I wanted to access through my library, so I disabled it.  I also had a problem once using Craigslist due to an extension interfering.  The people there were not only not helpful, but were ugly, so I never went back.