Respected Contributor

@fran47   Wouldn't QVC have told you on the phone immediately that you weren't approved so the mixer order would've been canceled then?  Seems like the kitchenaid was a TSV at least three weeks ago too.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC underhanded

[ Edited ]

Poor guy.  

I feel your pain.  You got crushed by the forum Welcome Wagon.

I give you a friendly welcome!

Esteemed Contributor

Even new posters can complain. Don’t listen, @fran47  keep posting.

You need thick skin to post here. The longer you stay the thicker it will get.

Honored Contributor

This whole scenario makes no sense, who did what to who and and and/ 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you sure that $60 was off the price of the mixer and not an "account credit" for future purchases?  That was always how they advertised opening a new account.

What do you mean they won't honor the order?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fran47 wrote:
kitchenaid mixer sale
free shipping - $60 off with new account and Q card so I signed up and ordered
Now QVC won’t honor the order
nothing but excuses
QVC blames bank but I contacted them and card approved with $3,000 limit
I’ll cancel my Q card and QVC account as well as my wife’s
Won’t do business with unscrupulous businesses

@fran47 @I am very sorry for the way you are being treated here on this forum. Welcome. The forum is a discussion forum and we don't have power over what QVC does, however, it is fine for you to let us know what has happened to you by posting here. I will say that Q has a history of denying items charged for the first time on a new card, but that is usually for electronic items such as computers, and I've never seen it done when the discount you're getting is in conjunction with the start of a new card. That would defeat the purpose of the promotion...get a card and get a discount. There is an email you might send today, even if they don't answer today, which might help you get your deal. Below is the email address. 

QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

Honored Contributor

First of all, every one of us was a new poster at some point.

However, I doubt that many of us started out with our first post being derogatory about QVC.  There are ways to state that something has gone wrong and ask for advice on how to fix it.  Calling QVC "underhanded" and "unscrupulous" isn't it, IMO.

I've seen many helpful responses, when someone new (or even a longtime poster) asks others for advice.  I don't think the majority of the posters here are "hateful", as someone stated.  People genuinely want to help.

But when there is no concrete information, just accusations and no response to those who tried to suggest a path forward to resolving the situation in a reasonable manner?  That does make many question the validity of the situation.

Many times the first-time poster never comes back with an update or to thank those who tried to help.  And, sorry, but I don't buy the idea that it's because some were "mean" to that "first-time" poster.  If someone is genuinely new and upset or really does want help, s(he) will come back and offer more information or even a thank you to those who tried to help.

Not everyone is "hateful" or "mean" just because they question something in a what appears to be a "first" post.  I've come to "know" many of these posters over the years and they are not that.

Respected Contributor

@SarahW 

These first time complainer posters rarely if ever respond, it's a complain and run.

As I said in my post most of us have a natural instinct to want to help but after many years of seeing this same strange (bot?) behavior it doesn't make sense.

Respected Contributor

The problem is the "new poster" starts off with calling the owner of this forum Underhanded!!!  I don't extend a welcome to someone like that. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Venezia   Agree!  I see nothing hateful about any of the responses.  The OP is suspicious--a first time poster and calling QVC "underhanded"??  I'm not even clear as to what the problem is/was???  I don't expect to see another post from him/her.