Honored Contributor

Re: QVC tax refunds on price adjustment

You may not get a tax refund if QVC had already sent it to your state, but you probably could get it from the state if you contacted your state tax dept.  

You would need proof you were not refunded, though.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Where do you see an itemized acount of any return from QVC?

@Sooner they don't which causes a huge nightmare if you are trying to get a s/h refund from PayPal.

For me, it's just not worth the hassle.  If I go into a store in my area and get a price adjustment, yes they also adjust the sales tax.  However, if I buy something from QVC for $50.00 and then it's marked down to $35.00, the sales tax adjustment is around $1.00.  I'm not bothering to contact QVC over a dollar.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Where do you see an itemized acount of any return from QVC?

@Sooner they don't which causes a huge nightmare if you are trying to get a s/h refund from PayPal.

@Lipstickdiva You know, as customers we really shouldn't put up with no accounting on our spending.  Who else does that?  (Well, except Walmart when you get a receipt then they start adding and subtracting on your credit card days later for a pickup--but that's Walmart).

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

You may not get a tax refund if QVC had already sent it to your state, but you probably could get it from the state if you contacted your state tax dept.  

You would need proof you were not refunded, though.  

@Foxxee     I pay State Income Tax....and you "could" deduct it on that form.......but it would require a ridiculous amount of bookkeeping for a relatively small amount.....(not worth the headache!)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm a shopper from the start of this company, CVN days. That's going back a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way.

QVC used to return/credit back sales tax because not too terribly long ago I used to get sales tax back. 

They used to promote refunding of full purchase price or however many easy pays you made plus sales tax but not s/h that you paid buying the item nor prepd return mailing s/h. They don't charge return s/h if you use the prepd return label.

A couple of weeks ago I returned an affinity diamond pendant that I put on easy pay. I was charged over $25.24 sales tax on a $331.00 purchase along with $5.50 s/h. Since it was easy pay, honestly I'm not sure if they split up the $25 sales tax or not (I think they did split it 5 ways but really not sure). All I was credited back was one easy (which is all I paid) and via live chat she said she refunded $5.50 s/h. My refund totally $66.34.

What happened to the $25.24 sales tax? They obviously do not refund sales tax anymore.

Be aware of your sales tax on LARGE ticket itmes. If you return, you will lose all the sales tax you paid.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD when you buy something from QVC on easy pay they divide up the s&h along with the sales tax. If your purchase was on 5 easy pays then you paud 1/5 of the sales tax with your 1st easy pay. You were not supposed to be refunded the full sales tax b/c you didn't pay the full sales tax. You were only supposed to receive your 1st easy pay payment minus the shipping & handling and the return label fee (if you used it). This refund includes the 1/5th sales tax you paid.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom   Well I thought the same ie, they split the sales tax into 5 easy pays. I asked the person I did my live chat with. She mapped out if you will what I paid in my first payment but I already knew all that. She never mentioned sales tax, if I was refunded the 1/5th I paid. I just let it go as she did mention she refunded $5.50. Well I paid $5.50 s/h so I'm not sure if it was the 1/5th sales tax or not.

I let it go, I'm not fighting for any more $$$ I think I should've received back.

I still am not sure if the Q is no longer refunding in any portion of the sales tax we pay.  What I do know is that on those VERY rare occasions I need to return whatever to amazon, I DO get back the sales tax I paid. I know this for a fact because this did just happen with a blouse I sent back that was way too big for me.

As Tom Hanks said in that all womens' baseball film he made years ago, "there is  no crying in baseball". There is no crying over $5.00 in my case.

Respected Contributor

Whenever I have returned something to QVC and was charged sales tax I was refunded my sales tax.