Honored Contributor

QVC please help me ASAP re Amazon Fire 8 HD tablet

I also posted this in electronics, sorry.  I bought a new Fire HD tablet and downloaded the Amazon app.  I could see what's for sale fine but was unable to get to Community.  I am going in hospital early this Monday for possibly a few weeks and would miss some people I've been posting with for a long long time.

Is there any way to access the forums from the QVC app for Fire?  Thanks!!!!  And thaks to all the mods and CS people.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC please help me ASAP re Amazon Fire 8 HD tablet

have you tried just going to qvc.com on your tablet and finding the blogs and forums that way instead of using the app?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I have a kindle fire but not the qvc app. I access through silk browser (use the web section at the top of the screen) and simply type in qvc dot com and proceed from there. Am able to post, order, etc.  Only hang up is that my kindle is wi-fi enabled not 3 or 4G so I always need to be near a wi-fi hookup.

Helen852
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

have you tried just going to qvc.com on your tablet and finding the blogs and forums that way instead of using the app?

This is what I do. It works just fine. Don't need the app.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45@froggy@Helen852,

Duh!  I'm laughing at my stupidity.  Nope, didn't try Silk.  Can ya tell I'm very tech savvy?   So grateful (and relieved!).

Occasional Contributor

LoriLori, I asked the same question yesterday and was told the Forums/Blogs are not available on the app. They are on the regular website however. I'm not sure why QVC didn't include all the features in their app!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ginkgo, it would be nice if blogs and forums were available via the app.  Especially since I think QVC sells Fire tablets and people might need help via the forums.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@ginkgo, it would be nice if blogs and forums were available via the app.  Especially since I think QVC sells Fire tablets and people might need help via the forums.

@LoriLori  The lack of the forums on the app has nothing to do with Fire or any other type of device.  It's the same for everyone.  When they first came out with the app I downloaded it, used it about 5 minutes and uninstalled it.  QVC. Com does everything the app does and allows you to easily access the forums. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori  The lack of the forums on the app has nothing to do with Fire or any other type of device.  It's the same for everyone.  When they first came out with the app I downloaded it, used it about 5 minutes and uninstalled it.  QVC. Com does everything the app does and allows you to easily access the forums. 

Qvc looks exactly the same using Silk as it does in IE on my desktop. I also just use Silk to access Amazon and ebay. I don't like the apps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Me, too! @Kachina624  I thought maybe I could get notifications on it since the website no longer allows you to set up notifications.

It has got to be up there with the top 3 useless apps of all time.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN