Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC packages not being delivered by UPS in MA

[ Edited ]

@HiLo   I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he wasn't aware of this...just that this year in particular they are being slammed...all carriers......most llikely due to high volume of online shopping Smiley Happy Edited to add: I agree with your son 

Respected Contributor

All I can say I am glad I shop early for the majority of my gifts. 

I have received all the things I ordered from the Q and some just recently ordered and things for me and not for xmas.  The last of them delivered today.  

Respected Contributor

@Penelope59 wrote:

@HiLo   I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he wasn't aware of this...just that this year in particular they are being slammed...all carriers......most llikely due to high volume of online shopping Smiley Happy

I'm sorry but I think I misunderstood your comments.  

Frequent Contributor

@HiLo   Most likely the way I worded it...no worries....I wish we still had to option to have stuff we order from QVC using UPS from start to finish...I never had a problem when the men and women in the big brown truck handled my packages Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

All I can say I am glad I shop early for the majority of my gifts. 

I have received all the things I ordered from the Q and some just recently ordered and things for me and not for xmas.  The last of them delivered today.  

Jackson: May I ask who actually does the delivery in your area?  I have noticed by the delivery schedules that it is UPS which first receives the packages and then at a certain point they are then transferred to USPS for delivery.to the customer.. Although on certain occasions, UPS actually delivers the packages. Christmas is a good time to remember those who serve us so well.

Respected Contributor

@Penelope59 wrote:

@HiLo   Most likely the way I worded it...no worries....I wish we still had to option to have stuff we order from QVC using UPS from start to finish...I never had a problem when the men and women in the big brown truck handled my packages Smiley Happy 

Me too Penelope.  I loved the old delivery system and the friendly smiles I always received at the door.  It seems that most of the drivers are like that.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe they've been transferred to the USPS for delivery, which is standard procedure.

Yes, it is standard procedure in my area now.and I thought it was the same all across the country.

Respected Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Hadn't heard that.  Did see yesterday that FedEx was having trouble keeping up and Amazon had told its vendors not to ship with them until the problem disappears.

I wish I was surprised, but the increase in online shopping has grown faster than the increase in our delivery system.  At least that's how it feels from where I sit!

I saw that Yankee Candle is having big problems too. Do they ship out of MA also?:

"Some homes are awash with candlelight during the holidays, but those dreams of a candle-filled Christmas may be snuffed out due to shipping issues.

Many customers who placed orders during the holiday shopping season have not received their Yankee Candle purchases with only a week before Christmas, NBC News reported.

The company admits there is an issue, saying the delays were because of a higher number of orders, saying the carrier is overwhelmed, NBC News reported.

Looking at their website it looks like they use FedEx too. I understand there can be problems, but having someone wait 2.5 HOURS just to speak with a customer service rep seems crazy.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/not-time-christmas-yankee-candles-fans-worried-orders-may-not-be-...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/yankee-candle-christmas-holiday-orders-delayed

My son who works for UPS tells me that FedEx employees don't make nearly as much  as he does and the benefits are not as good.  We think that is the reason they aren't required to to run all the time to reach a certain expectation.