Frequent Contributor

QVC packages not being delivered by UPS in MA

Heads up.    UPS out of the Chelmsford and Wilmington hubs has stopped delivering packages.    Amazon is aware of the problem.     Not sure how to inform QVC.    So,if QVC sends your package using UPS and it is going to northeast MA, then it will get as far as the Chelmsford hub and you will never hear about it again. It will say it is out for delivery every day, but after 8 PM it will say there is a carrier delay.   Or opeating conditions delay.   Or weather or natural disaster (when it is sunny and the roads are dry).  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is better to be informed ahead of time, rather than hoping you will receive your package before Christmas.   You won't.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC packages not being delivered by UPS in MA

Hi @Kroppie  and thank you for sharing the UPS info with us. I will be sure to pass it on to our Management team.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they've been transferred to the USPS for delivery, which is standard procedure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There has to be a logical explanation for this. I'm sure an alternate method of delivery will be forthcoming soon.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I received 4 QVC packages today and they came out Chelmsford.  They were supposed to be delivered yesterday but there was a one day delay.  

Honored Contributor

Hadn't heard that.  Did see yesterday that FedEx was having trouble keeping up and Amazon had told its vendors not to ship with them until the problem disappears.

I wish I was surprised, but the increase in online shopping has grown faster than the increase in our delivery system.  At least that's how it feels from where I sit!

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Hadn't heard that.  Did see yesterday that FedEx was having trouble keeping up and Amazon had told its vendors not to ship with them until the problem disappears.

I wish I was surprised, but the increase in online shopping has grown faster than the increase in our delivery system.  At least that's how it feels from where I sit!

I saw that Yankee Candle is having big problems too. Do they ship out of MA also?:

"Some homes are awash with candlelight during the holidays, but those dreams of a candle-filled Christmas may be snuffed out due to shipping issues.

Many customers who placed orders during the holiday shopping season have not received their Yankee Candle purchases with only a week before Christmas, NBC News reported.

The company admits there is an issue, saying the delays were because of a higher number of orders, saying the carrier is overwhelmed, NBC News reported.

Looking at their website it looks like they use FedEx too. I understand there can be problems, but having someone wait 2.5 HOURS just to speak with a customer service rep seems crazy.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/not-time-christmas-yankee-candles-fans-worried-orders-may-not-be-...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/yankee-candle-christmas-holiday-orders-delayed

Frequent Contributor

I was just trying to be helpful.   The local ABC television station did a segment on this problem out of the Chelmsford hub last Friday.      They had received numerous call about no deliveries.     UPS basically punted.     They took no responsibilty for the problems, saying they are preparing a recovery plan.     Well, nothing has changed.   I talked to the TV station this morning and they are still being inundated with calls from angry customers.    This is not just QVC purchases and not the hand off to the USPS although I am sure those packages are being affected.   

I have lost food,  and several expensive Amazon Prime purchases are missing.  This has been going on for a week now.  Every day out for delivery m then a carrier delay or whatever lie they tell.    I talked to neighbors and no one has received any UPS packages for over a week.   No one has seen a UPS truck either.  I talked to people in other towns, and I found no one who had received their packages.    These packages are coming from many vendors,  not just QVC or Amazon.   So  if you receive a package, you should thank your lucky stars.   

I will say that I just moved to MA.   When I lived in VA outside of Washington DC for 35 years,  I had outstanding UPS service.    As soon as I moved to MA,  i had had problems with the Chelmsford hub.    It is really a disgrace.    This time it is beyond bellief since it is clear these packages will never be seen again.   

The Amazon corporate rep looked online as we were talking this morning.   She was horrified by what she read.   When she looked at the TV segment,   that was enough.     So Im not making this up.  I just want people to be informed that this is not a QVC shipping problem, which we know is a problem,  this is on UPS.   Thank you to the QVC customer rep for noticing my post.  I appreciate it very much. 

Frequent Contributor

This is a shame....my postal carrier said they are being slammed with hand offs from UPS and Fed Ex plus they have their own packages and mail to deliver....Amazon seems to be holding its own where I live...I've seen  many of their Mercedes Benz delivery trucks all over the place where I live every day from sunup to sundown...I hope you and everyone else recieves their packages very soon 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Penelope59 wrote:

This is a shame....my postal carrier said they are being slammed with hand offs from UPS and Fed Ex plus they have their own packages and mail to deliver....Amazon seems to be holding its own where I live...I've seen  many of their Mercedes Benz delivery trucks all over the place where I live every day from sunup to sundown...I hope you and everyone else recieves their packages very soon 

Then your carrier doesn't know that there is an agreement with USPO on delivery that has been in effect for some time now.  My son, a UPS, driver, told me that in his personal opinion this wasn't a good move.  My local carrier told me that the packages they receive for delivery are often found in another room .... a couple of mine were stuck there for 10 to 14 days before they were found.