I have been a QVC customer for many years, yesterday 4/5/2021 QVC disappeared from the channel line up on what I call Antenna TV here in Minneapolis MN and we were left with the substandard programming for HSN.  Not everyone has cable or satellite TV and inface most folks are getting rid of it due to their high costs.  WHAT HAPPENED this is not a small market area, I wonder why no warning was given and I am sure I am not the only customer in the area who is asking the same thing.  I do not like watching the Q on my phone or the computer I am 73 years old and right now very angry.  Hoping to get some sort of response Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Rescan your TV.  This happened in NYC and I found QVC on another outlet.

It's not QVC.  It's the station which was carrying the signal decided to stop.

Honored Contributor

@justjoan Where do you get your facts that most people are getting rid of cable or satellite? No one I know has done that. Info please.

Esteemed Contributor

Latest Cord Cutting Statistics

• In 2019, there were 39.3 million cord-cutters in the US
  • Nearly all Americans aged 25-34 access TV content through the internet;
  • 90% of young people prefer this method
  • Among the younger segment of viewers, those aged 18-24, the percentage is similar: 87% opt for internet access
  • The biggest cable TV provider Comcast has 22.1. million subscribers
  • Netflix has 163.5 million users as of October, 2019
  • Pay-TV providers lost 1.8 million subscribers back in 2018
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There's a big shuffle of sub stations going on, some will disappear for good & others have simply changed carriers so rescan frequently to pickup the changes in your area. Antenna Man on Youtube has a video that explains what's happening better than I can...lots of changes in my OTA channels so the video helped me. Be well @justjoan.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@justjoan Where do you get your facts that most people are getting rid of cable or satellite? No one I know has done that. Info please.

I did.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC on Antenna tv

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Latest Cord Cutting Statistics

• In 2019, there were 39.3 million cord-cutters in the US
  • Nearly all Americans aged 25-34 access TV content through the internet;
  • 90% of young people prefer this method
  • Among the younger segment of viewers, those aged 18-24, the percentage is similar: 87% opt for internet access
  • The biggest cable TV provider Comcast has 22.1. million subscribers
  • Netflix has 163.5 million users as of October, 2019
  • Pay-TV providers lost 1.8 million subscribers back in 2018

@Johnnyeager 

Good stats, perhaps. Unfortunately your source  for Latest Cord Cutting Statistics was not included so there is no way to verify it. If you can find it and post it, you can give attribution. 

The OP stated "most people" are giving up cable, etc.  You prove this with a very narrow demographic of people 18-24 and 25-34 preferring Internet access for TV. That does not mean they use Internet exclusively; it means what it says:  they prefer to view TV via Internet. And it does not mean this group once had cable and gave it up, so it is not part of  proof of the OP's assertion of "most people" giving up cable.

I have both cable and Netflix, so I am part of the cable users as much as I am part of vast Netflix subscribers. Citing how many Netflix subscribers is not saying Netflix has more paying customers than cable, though perhaps you would like us to read it that way. You don't separate the statistic for people who ONLY have Netflix, not Netflix and cable. Ditto for citing how many customers use ComCast alone. There are other cable providers and their customer base adds to the total of cable customers. Your comparisons are specious.

It might be trending that many people are dropping particular services and moving to other sources for TV entertainment, but your generalizations and that of the OP as showing it to be "most people" is not acceptable.

Lots of people, some people of a particular age group, people who express preferences but not specific  actions, are not "most people dropping cable".

I have to wonder if the OP also believes that all these people are migrating from cable  to antenna TV!

Broad statements and cherry picked statistics are not convincing. 

Honored Contributor

You can stream QVC and HSN programming for free if you have a smart TV or a casting device like Roku, Google Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal  I cut the cord, too, and haven't looked back.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Cable subscribers are hardcore adamant as to its relevance, vitality and importance.