Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

So now I am being called a spoiled child for wanting a product that was paid for and promised last week, QVC should allow cancellations for those not willing to wait, that would be the easy thing to do, but alas they are basically letting us fight it out among ourselves.

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Why do Americans need and want everything RIGHT NOW?

Our culture really lacks a bit of patience as compared to other nations.

There is nothing I would ever order from QVC that I would need so quickly that I could not wait for it.

People have become too lazy to walk around malls,  and now they cannot even wait for a week or two at home. 

Of course, there is a little thing called an international pandemic that has disrupted the world.

No wonder we have so much stress and obesity in our country. 

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I agree!

I remember watching tv commercials in the '70's or early '80's for products that one could buy off of the tv, and the voiceover would say, "Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery."

But we have become a nation of spoiled, entitled little children, who throw temper-tantrums if we don't get our newest "toy" two seconds after completing the transaction.

Talk about first world problems!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC needs help fast

[ Edited ]

I just quit myself. I  just cannot tollerate all this anxiety over shipping , Billing ect.  anymore and there is no reason to....

There are so many sites better/faster /cheaper  than QVC now ,there is no longer any  reason to shop here.

I am sooooooooooo done!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I completely understand being excited about a purchase and want it right away, that's why I have Prime.  QVC has had shipping issues for a long time and the new warehouse was supposed to make it better.  Then the pandemic hit.  Even Amazon is having problems.  Every link in the shipping chain including UPS, FedX, USPS.  People are working round the clock but all are short staffed.  HSN usually has good shipping times but my purchases have been in "packaging" for 6 days and that's very unusual, but it's OK. I not making excuses or being critical of anyone upset but thinking like this is what fuels my patience gene. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I have found out that when processing anywhere that means that it is ready to be shipped so time has passed for cancellation.   That is how it is everywhere.   It is then the shipping companies who are picking up the merchandise responsibility and what chaos would that create to stop an order at that point.  Due to all the extra orders made by so many now they are a ll taxed to the max.  Not QVC's or company's ordered from fault!  

Not ordering something you want is just cutting off your nose to spite your face and wanting something that fast in spite of most sites warning that with this pandemic shipping is much slower and unpredictable now might just be an indication of impulse buying.

Valued Contributor

I don't order from QVC, but I can totally understand any delays going on now.  

I order from Amazon quite a bit.  You can track packages and they let you know if delays are expected.  You can always cancel if you don't want to wait.   I don't mind waiting during this time and I expect it.

Esteemed Contributor

At least half of my things have had little glitches over the last few months.  

We need to remember that there are real humans working on our orders.  They are not disposable humans.  They are not without their own health concerns.

Honored Contributor

People always threaten to stop shopping the Q and then you'll see another post complaining about it again within days. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

People always threaten to stop shopping the Q and then you'll see another post complaining about it again within days. 

@GenXmuse 

That may be because they take so long to ship that many orders are backed up for quite a very long time.

That is my problem! 

I am backed up since the first of May,so when and if these orders ever get through.............I'm sooooooooo done here!

I will agree,we shouldn't order another item untill the items already ordered are shipped and RECEIVED...............

But who knew it would get as bad as it did???

...and the Pandemic is no excuse,these delays began much before the pandemic ever happened.

Even this darn website never works well!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

oh yes.....it is quite interesting to see that! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Will QVC be the next company to go under, with their shipping record over the last 6 weeks I do not fo rsee anything happening with them in the near future, I am a 25+ years customer and I am getting out, I will no longer buy anything that I can not get a guarantee on shipping within a reasonable timeframe

By all means, take your business elsewhere. The grass isn't always greener. These are difficult times with many challenges. Things are not like they were before the virus and I can accept that.