Valued Contributor

I tried to order a pair of slacks. It said Free Shipping & Handling Today. In several places on the screen. But whenever I placed the item in my cart it added shipping & handling. 

I called customer service. After going round and round on a phone tree that reminded me of the bad old days of other cable shopping channels which I've come to avoid, I was finally put on hold. I waited 15 minutes on hold. 

I hung up. Ordering from QVC is too hard. It didn't use to be this way. 

Sorry QVC there are other retailers. 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC kinda sucks these days

@AuntMame   My recollection is that until you go through the checkout process and get to the "review my order" page (before you hit the process button) you will see that the shipping and handling drop off at that point.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Valued Contributor

Thanks Aroc3435! Cat Happy

I'm feeling very annoyed so I don't know whether I'll go back to the order page. The slacks seemed a nice idea for my elderly mom, but the reviews weren't too hot. Maybe once I calm down I'll try it again. 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I never pay attention to free shipping days because they ALWAYS exclude Alaska & Hawaii (my state).  So, if I want it badly enough I pay the shipping.  It would be nice of QVC to include all 50 states in the free shippping, but no.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

I never pay attention to free shipping days because they ALWAYS exclude Alaska & Hawaii (my state).  So, if I want it badly enough I pay the shipping.  It would be nice of QVC to include all 50 states in the free shippping, but no.

@SurferWife ~ There have been (many) items I ordered with ‘free shipping,’ and it was to Alaska.👏🏻  On the other hand, when HSN states free shipping, it NEVER is, just reduced by a (very) few dollars.

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame - As already pointed out, the free shipping isn't shown until you go to checkout.  I've ordered two things I wanted and the S&H was free.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife If I lived in Hawaii, I'd undoubtedly wish for that, too.  I would support them reducing your shipping in an amount to match what we stateside shoppers gain.  I know you'd still have shipping to pay, but it would be less.

BTW-  "nice" is rarely the reasn any business picks up the shipping cost, or, more likely, hides it somewhere else in what we're paying.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's the thing though.

When one chooses of their own free will to live in Alaska or Hawaii, they do so knowing that it will cost more to have items shipped to them.

It's the price you pay to live outside of the contiguous United States.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

I tried to order a pair of slacks. It said Free Shipping & Handling Today. In several places on the screen. But whenever I placed the item in my cart it added shipping & handling. 

I called customer service. After going round and round on a phone tree that reminded me of the bad old days of other cable shopping channels which I've come to avoid, I was finally put on hold. I waited 15 minutes on hold. 

I hung up. Ordering from QVC is too hard. It didn't use to be this way. 

Sorry QVC there are other retailers. 

I ordered my 98 year old sister, 4 pair Legacy leggings size X small on sale for $5.98 , I have these and love them. She loves them too. However each pair,all sent in the same pkg. I was charged $3.50 a piece for shipping. This is just not fair, but trying to call QVC just wasn't possible. So I have to pay this.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Here's the thing though.

When one chooses of their own free will to live in Alaska or Hawaii, they do so knowing that it will cost more to have items shipped to them.

It's the price you pay to live outside of the contiguous United States.

@Anonymous032819 

You're ****** right I used my own volition to move here.  If I wasn't blessed with such a great job, with a great salary, superior benefits & retirement plan unheard of in most corporations today, I'd be on a plane back to Texas (or SC, I have options) quicker than you know what.  One thing is for sure, when I retire, we are out of here.  Until then I will enjoy where I live & pay shipping costs if I want a product.  I'm simply thankful to Almighty God for providing me the expendable income to shop.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.