Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC is losing business with slow shipping

Mine have been "in process"  for 21 days. 5 items and suddenly 3 of them are now listed as back ordered. They were in stock when they took my money 3 weeks ago. 

My item is showing being transfered to the USPS, it didn't take the Pony Express a week to transfer a package. This ship with UPS and transfer to the Post Office is for the birds. I know who I won't order my Christmas Gifts From....just give me my MONEY BACK!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it a coincidence, or the email I sent to zulily this morning, no one responded, but all of my items that I mentioned, have now been shipped.

Valued Contributor

Totally agree with you and I along with others have been posting the same!  Tired of the apologies but never given a reason.  I read today on this blog that their sales are way way down, um, wonder why. Obviously they thought they could get away with this method of bad business, obviously not, it hurt them in the bank accou t

Frequent Contributor

This shipping issue is beyond any excuse they may give now.  Personally-this totally turns me off to ordering or even watching any of their channels anymore.  No one wants to order when they have no idea when they will receive their items. 

Honored Contributor

I think they know that.  And they're probably distressed that their efforts to correct the problem are making it worse in the short-run.

Honored Contributor

I no longer order much here, but will say the few items I have ordered in recent memory haven't taken an inordinately long time to be received. I don't tend any longer to follow the dates listed here for 'in process', EDD, etc., because I've found them to be sort of pointless. If I know I need something quickly, I simply don't order here but usually am not in a huge rush. That said, if I had doubts about an item slated to be a gift, I'd think twice and would have to agree with those who feel like their shipping problems are more than a temporary glitch. The simple fact seems to be that they waited far too long to bring their warehousing and order fulfilment processes up to date and have executed badly whatever changes they're making. 

Due to ineffective leadership, Qurate has clearly fallen on hard times. For the sake of those employees who rely on them for their livelihoods and for the sake of those customers unwilling to increase their reliance on other, more responsive, retail resources, I hope they resolve this and the many other problems facing them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What I can't understand is why people are still ordering if they are having such issues.

Knock on wood, the only delays I had were with the blowout clearance items.  I am receiving all my other orders withn a week.

If I were having this many issues, you can be sure I'd quit ordering until things were worked out.  And if I was going to keep on ordering, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

There are thread after thread after thread on many forums complaining about Q's slow shipping, inability to cancel, asking mods to check on orders, on and on but people keep on ordering.  And then complaining somemore.  

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What I can't understand is why people are still ordering if they are having such issues.

Knock on wood, the only delays I had were with the blowout clearance items.  I am receiving all my other orders withn a week.

If I were having this many issues, you can be sure I'd quit ordering until things were worked out.  And if I was going to keep on ordering, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

There are thread after thread after thread on many forums complaining about Q's slow shipping, inability to cancel, asking mods to check on orders, on and on but people keep on ordering.  And then complaining somemore.  

me either but as I said on another thread, long time customers are probably still buying because they stick with the same brands, i.e. Graver, D&C, Temptations, things like that so they put up with it, But that doesn;t mean they are happy about it,

I have ordered 2 things this year from QVC and only because Tweak'd is not in retail, but other than that, I will not buy from a company that hasn't made any progress in their ordering/shipping processes when 99% of what I want comes from Amazon and I get it in 1-2 days,  

I just don't see how they would attract any new customers since they are way behind other retailers in their ordering processes, 

Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

me either but as I said on another thread, long time customers are probably still buying because they stick with the same brands, i.e. Graver, D&C, Temptations, things like that so they put up with it, But that doesn;t mean they are happy about it,

I have ordered 2 things this year from QVC and only because Tweak'd is not in retail, but other than that, I will not buy from a company that hasn't made any progress in their ordering/shipping processes when 99% of what I want comes from Amazon and I get it in 1-2 days,  

I just don't see how they would attract any new customers since they are way behind other retailers in their ordering processes, 

Losing business due to slow shipping is one thing, but it's worse when QVC tries to compete by offering a lower price.

My items that I ordered were considerably less expensive shopping on Q than either Amazon or the manufacturer's website. Yes, I have been waiting over a month to get the items delivered, but I have also been wanting to buy these for many months earlier, except the prices I saw elsewhere were "inflated" to put it mildly. Even the manufacturer's "sale" price was more than what these items cost new in 2018.

So when I saw the item I wanted on QVC substantially undercut any other price shown elsewhere I really had to hit that buy button. Yes it sucks having to wait over a month to receive it, but I would be paying almost double if I had to buy it from any other online retailer or a walk-in store.