Regular Contributor

QVC is losing business with slow shipping

QVC has been telling us for months that they are working to solve shipping problems. It's kind of like the boy who cried "Wolf" once too often. I resent receiving messages that tell me my shipments are delayed, but you give no reason. I can understand weather, but if you're trying to save more money, since your quarterly figures are down, that's not acceptable. Especially at Christmas. I have items in process for 9 days, and counting. Then it ships across the country to California and takes another 10 days. I receive things in a timely fashion everywhere else I shop, and most of the time with free shipping. What is QVC's problem? I am hesitant to shop, since I'm not sure the items will come on time. Please give us some reasonable timelines about when this will be fixed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is losing business with slow shipping

And for the first time ever for me and I've been ordering for about 20 years, a package has been"lost."  It was sent via USPS all the way, not started with UPS and handed off but the original shipper was the USPS.   And USPS will not doing anything about tracking the package until 7 days have passed.  

I would like to see an option where we could chose the carrier for our package.  I would never pick the USPS.  There have been so many problems with them here in Chicago including a video showing a postal worker dumping a carton full of mail into a dumpster.

I hope that eventually my package will show up.  It was due on the 9th.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In my opinion, I think that anyone who has ever held a job knows that QVC will never provide us with the exact reason for the shipping problems. If something goes wrong where I work, and a customer requires an explanation, which of course they do deserve, our response is truthful but very well thought out, to protect the company.

Honored Contributor

I had decided a few weeks ago that I won't be ordering anything from QVC until (if ever) they get their shipping/warehouse situation resolved.  I don't need the aggravation of having to babysit my orders....especially at this time of year.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

In my opinion, I think that anyone who has ever held a job knows that QVC will never provide us with the exact reason for the shipping problems. If something goes wrong where I work, and a customer requires an explanation, which of course they do deserve, our response is truthful but very well thought out, to protect the company.

@PhilaLady1  After reading your post, I see there are still many folks who still don't know about the changes with the logistics of product movement in the QVC warehouses due to the new massive warehouse QVC now has in PA. I'm sure it will take several more months before anyone sees any measureable improvement with shipping.

https://www.mcall.com/business/mc-biz-qurate-retail-qvc-hsn-bethlehem-huge-fulfillment-center-201811...

Personally, I have no issues waiting longer for anything I order from the Q knowing this.

Esteemed Contributor

Something must have gotten majorly screwed up in their move, or their warehousing, or their computer systems, or with their employees.  If QVC brought in someone new to assist in whatever transition this is, they are not doing a good job.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Absolutely!!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

It isn't just QVC.  Things take time to fix.  Changes don't take place overnight.  I personally have no issues or concerns.  I always get my orders in a reasonable amount of time and at a reasonable price.  IF I don't like it, I'll find somewhere else to shop.   Some places are a lot more money for S&H and take longer.  If I don't like it, I'll shop in stores.  It's all a matter of making your choices for what's best for you.

Honored Contributor

@Purseone   It isn't slower than zulily lately.  Many of my orders there have been "preparing for shipment" for about three weeks, and I have been told some will be cancelled yet those items are still being sold, saw them this week, so what the heck is up with that! 

Of course, customer service could not answer except to say it depends how long it takes to process, which makes no sense, because once something is being prepared for delivery, it is at the zulily facility, so it has already been processed, now they just need to be shipped!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It isn't just QVC.  Things take time to fix.  Changes don't take place overnight.  I personally have no issues or concerns.  I always get my orders in a reasonable amount of time and at a reasonable price.  IF I don't like it, I'll find somewhere else to shop.   Some places are a lot more money for S&H and take longer.  If I don't like it, I'll shop in stores.  It's all a matter of making your choices for what's best for you.

@rms1954  The problem is waiting so long for an item to ship.  Once my items ship, I do get them in a reasonable time, but having an item "in process" for over a week before they ship is frustrating.  I shop other places and don't have this problem.  I realize they are in the middle of major changes with their warehouses,  but this has been happening for too long.