Honored Contributor

Re: QVC in the habit of lying about shipping?

@Pook wrote:

@Mominohio One could also think that either UPS or the post office is "lying" and playing the blame game for their failure to process packages timely.  

I know where I live packages often sit in a USPS warehouse for days due to lack of sufficient staff after transfer from UPS.  Several mail carriers have told me that.

@Pook 

That happens here too, sitting waiting to move over to USPS.

As I've said over and over here, anything is a possibility. But since my husband works at this hub, there isn't really a reason for the person to lie to him, they know each other well, and they know the company's shortcomings. I can see them lying to a regular customer to CYA. Just doubt that is the case here. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

There is something really fishy here.  How can anyone track a package that was never shipped?  Or did I miss something?

@Imaoldhippie 

I was told that what I was seeing on the qvc site was what the track for that package was supposed to be, and the schedule that was projected to be. 

I was told that we can see that, even if/when there hasn't been an actual physical scan, and in this case, she was not able to see where that package had been physically scanned at any point along the way. 

I certainly don't know, I'm no expert or have access to everything I need to know, but everyone knows QVC's shipping is a hot mess. They need to either be called out if this is happening, made aware if they don't know (on a higher up level) or whatever they need to do to make their shipping better, regardless of if it is their fault or the shipper. In the end, it's QVC that is making the promises and they need to figure out how between them and their partners, it gets done.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio   Sounds like the package made it to the shipping dock but was never picked up by UPS, so it would have a tracking number but that doesn't mean it ever moved from QVC/Vendor's possession.

How frustrating.  I would think that if Walmart and Amazon can ship out timely then QVC should be able to as well....considering this is their business....selling and SHIPPING.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

What a story.  Wow.