Trusted Contributor
Accepted Solution

QVC did not handle my easy pay order correctly :(

For some reason, nobody at QVC customer service knows why, my easy pay payment was taken out twice on my debit card Smiley Sad  I am very careful with my money and only live within my budget.  Now I have to wait 4 yes 4 days for some other department to contact me to fix this screw up that QVC did in the first place!  Customer service rep had no authority to help me with their screw up.  I really do not think it is fair I have to deal with this right now.  We all have enough stress!  The customer service rep was not professional and honestly she sounded like she was 12 yrs old, not good QVC  .....does QVC do voice auditions for hires who are manning the phones?  I guess not Smiley Sad  Thanks for the vent kids Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC did not handle my easy pay order correctly :(

Possibly the first charge wasn't really a charge but an authorization check, which usually falls off after several days. And the second may be the actual charge indicating the item has shipped.

Honored Contributor

@northiie57  Sorry this happened to you.  A good lesson why NOT to use a debit card on purchases like this. Use a designated credit card that you pay off at the end of the month in full. That way any errors or wrong charges is  not using YOUR personal account and money.   Your budget is not affected.   

Esteemed Contributor

I would never understand why people always say not to use a Debit Card. That's the only Card I've used for years. I like to know that the amount is debited from my account right away so I don't have to worry about it.

With Chase I have the same protection as using a Credit Card. Any problems, my account is credited right away and an investigation is done.

No monthly payments and no fees.

Honored Contributor

The first was to hold the funds. The 2nd was the actual charge. The hold will disappear according to your bank's policies.

Respected Contributor

Often there are card users not aware that authorization holds can be placed on a debit card. They're not aware until they go to use their funds and find the money is not available.

This can be extremely upsetting when it comes to large amounts like hotel or car rental holds.

Trusted Contributor

oh how I wish that it was the case, nothing pending and all payments taken out yesterday.  Lesson learned, no more debit card use with QVC

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I would never understand why people always say not to use a Debit Card. That's the only Card I've used for years. I like to know that the amount is debited from my account right away so I don't have to worry about it.

With Chase I have the same protection as using a Credit Card. Any problems, my account is credited right away and an investigation is done.

@Sage04   If Chase takes care of you so well...why do you mention being on a budget and how the over change will affect you so much? Guess they are not taking care of you then?

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Sage04   If Chase takes care of you so well...why do you mention being on a budget and how the over change will affect you so much? Guess they are not taking care of you then?

@SeaMaiden  you're Posting to the wrong person. I never said I'm on a budget. I've never been on a budget. That might be the OP of this Thread you're looking for.

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 

You should contact the moderators was a better explanation of what happened.

IF there was an error made, they can correct it.

IF you are just not understanding what happened, they can explain it to you.

Never say never, but I have NEVER heard of 2 EZ pays accidentally hitting the exact same time generated from the same item.

It IS possible to have 2 payments hit your account in the same month though.

Contact the moderators.....