New Contributor

QVC cant confirm its me, order cancelled

I have been a customer with QVC for a long time while married and since divorced. I recently made a couple orders and both were cancelled. 

I called to see why as the funds were available in the bank account associated with my QVC account. The representative stated it was because none of the personal information in my account could be confirmed. They said my phone number was under another name (I have an account with my dad for cell service) and there was a different name listed for my address. (I rent, so naturally my name would not be on the property).

Does this mean I cannot order from QVC because I rent and dont have my own cell plan? What do I need to do so that I can order from QVC short of buying a home and getting my own cell service? If they cannot confirm it is me, why did they take money out of my bank account? Are they going to be able to return the funds since they cannot confirm its me? It has been over the 5 day period I was told to wait for the money to be put back into the account. Please help. Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC cant confirm its me, order cancelled

@Lacemae 

Email the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with this info, they will notice your post sooner.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I think it's admirable when companies are diligent in dealing with customers' finances. 
When making your purchases, are you using a credit card in your name, and are you paying in full and not using Easy Pays? 

Trusted Contributor

I know you're frustrated and it's the reason you probably posted here, but you should really be calling QVC directly to resolve this problem.  There has to be more to this.  Plenty of people rent a home or apartment and still buy from QVC, so that address problem you mentioned sounds odd.  Your mailing address (unless it's a PO box) can easily be confirmed through your rental receipts.  And if your QVC account is tied to your bank account, that's easy for them to verify as well.  Maybe there weren't enough funds in the account.  This sounds more like a payment issue.  Good luck and I do hope you get it resolved soon.

New Contributor

A card. And yes, easy pays. 

New Contributor

There was more than enough funds to cover. Right? It is tied to my account so it doesnt make any sense. 

Honored Contributor

There have to be a number of suspicious circumstances.  You know what they are and can figure out how to establish credit.  You don't need to buy a house but your name should be associated with the address where you rent.  Have you gotten a credit report to see what's listed and what needs fixing?  You need to make the effort to fix this situation as no one can do it for you. 

QVC never charges your cc until an order ships.  The do a pre-authorization, as do most merchants, which falls off in a few days, according to your cc's company policy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Lacemae Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

I'm not sure but wondering if since you are divorced that past credit history is showing under your husband's name & not yours.  We had a neighbor who had that happen to her that after her divorce she had to re-establish her credit history as nothing was showing under her name.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Credit card or debit card? It makes a difference. It also makes a difference if it's a high ticket item. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right. She said funds were available in her account so she must be using a debit card not a credit card. Will QVC let you use a debit card for easy pays? I wouldn't think so.