New Contributor

I called placed and order over the phone for a wireless black Bose speaker as a christmas gift.  I went to check the status and it was cancelled they said vendor did not supply enough stock.  I would have thought you would have known that before putting them on air.  

Respected Contributor

@greenview wrote:

I called placed and order over the phone for a wireless black Bose speaker as a christmas gift.  I went to check the status and it was cancelled they said vendor did not supply enough stock.  I would have thought you would have known that before putting them on air.  

Yep.  That’s what QVC does.  

Honored Contributor

How in the world can QVC know how many of an item will be ordered before they run out? Not flaming or trying to argue but seriously, how can they know?

Obviously the item was extremely popular and sold out. It's too bad but it's a reality of sales.

New Contributor

They had it when I called placed and order and took my credit card.  They didn't even call me I found out when I went to check to tracking.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had a business call me about AN order.

They always sent an e-mail.

The demand was greater than the supply.

**** happens.

Esteemed Contributor
And yet, they endlessly tell us how many are left in this color and that color. I don't think it's as precise a number as they try to make us believe.
Honored Contributor

@greenview I suggest you re-post your problem under Customer Care and perhaps one of the Social Team can help you.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I ordered the silver one.  I just checked my account, it says preparing for shipment.  Amazon has cancelled on me a couple times.  I order stuff for my mother and assumed she receives it.  Now I double and triple everything from Amazon.  I haven't had that problem with the Q.

Respected Contributor

Where did it say vendor did not supply enough stock?

Contributor

I had ordered the speaker in black as well. I just happened to check my orer status two days later and it was listed as backordered. I called and had CS swap the black for a different color so I could keep the special pricing. I need it for a Christmas gift!

I wish QVC would have notified me of the situation...glad that I had cheked the order status.