Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC app for Roku problems = feed looping + timeouts

It's now February, and this problem persists—since at least last Friday, when I started timing the issue again, there have been loops of about 10 seconds per occurrence a few times per hour as well as a few instances of momentary skips/freezes during presentations.

Isn't there any way to fix the feed or update the app to address this issue? I have zero problems with any other apps, so this is very frustrating. I checked with a fellow Roku user and QVC customer, and she's having the same hiccups with the app.

Moderators, PLEASE pass this along to the appropriate department for attention. THANK YOU...

Honored Contributor

This happens periodically when I am watching anything on Roku.  It's not just a QVC problem for me. 

We have Spectrum and if their app is having issues, it causes issues with our Roku tv.  And Spectrum has a lot of issues.  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. I never have any issues with my Roku or any other Roku apps except the QVC app. And since I barely get QVC over the air and don't get Q2 at all over the air, the app is my only real option for watching live Q programming.

Esteemed Contributor

I was very pleased that while watching IKTWM today, there were only two or three skips/glitches during the entire show. Hooray! I hope this means that the issue has been or is being addressed.

However, it is still extremely annoying that the app is designed to shut itself down after a time (maybe two hours?). When the dialog box pop ups asking me whether I'm still watching, the supposed options are greyed out and unclickable, so the only choice I have is to wait for the app to close so I can reopen it. This is a very strange element for an app meant to get people to shop—why wouldn't you allow viewers to keep it constantly active? Please seriously consider disabling this "feature."

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC app for Roku = feed looping problems

[ Edited ]

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

@Kim-QVC 

QVC Customer Care

I have reported this issue. I am sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for looking into these issues, @Beth-QVC !

Esteemed Contributor

I know this problem has supposedly been reported, but please, pLeAsE, PLEASE fix the looping problem with the QVC app for Roku! This issue has persisted for months and is incredibly irritating. The app functioned just fine for at least a year, if not a few years, without this glitch, so just roll back the feed code to its functional state and let us enjoy uninterrupted, clean programming again.

Thank you . . . again . . .  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Why hasn't this problem been fixed yet?! It is very frustrating. I'm not sure why, but the looping and skipping seems to be worse on weekends—perhaps there is some correlation with the streaming associated with longer shows? That makes no sense, really, but neither does this whole issue.

PLEASE get this fixed! I am not the only person experiencing the obnoxious looping and it has been going on for MONTHS now. It's hard to even post politely about this when I know I'm likely to just be ignored again, so thanks for at least letting me vent. Sigh.

Frequent Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Why hasn't this problem been fixed yet?! It is very frustrating. I'm not sure why, but the looping and skipping seems to be worse on weekends—perhaps there is some correlation with the streaming associated with longer shows? That makes no sense, really, but neither does this whole issue.

PLEASE get this fixed! I am not the only person experiencing the obnoxious looping and it has been going on for MONTHS now. It's hard to even post politely about this when I know I'm likely to just be ignored again, so thanks for at least letting me vent. Sigh.

I've watched all 3 QVC channels ever since they've been on ROKU.  At times, there have been issues but not as often now.  I've been watching off and on this afternoon, and no problem. See if it helps by resetting your ROKU. I'm not sure of the exact wording. Hope it gets better for you.