Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC app for Roku problems = feed looping + timeouts

Thanks, @Ann52. I have tried everything to fix this problem on my own, and in talking to friends and family members who also use the Q app for Roku, they have the same issues. It definitely does seem to be worse on some days than others; the only thing that saved my sanity today was the fact that I switched to another app during all the TSV presentations, so I had to endure much less of the jumpy streaming. I have no trouble with any other apps, so I can't imagine it's an issue with my bandwidth or unit, and as I noted, this has been going on to one degree or another for months. Frustrating.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @loriqvc our team is asking for information to help them look into this. 

Can you share the Roku device/model and the operating system you are on.  That can all be found under: Settings à System à About.  They have tried to reproduce the issue you are having and are unable to do so.  Having this info would be really helpful.  

Honored Contributor

I think anything that uses wifi can be glitchy; maybe it's caused by your service provider, or the router you're using.  I don't have Roku but I do listen to radio and podcasts on an Amazon Echo.  It's not unusual for the device to lose the signal without warning.  Usually I can restore it quickly, but sometimes it takes a minute or two.  Bottom line - I think wifi still has some issues that will be addressed in time.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc - Have you tried removing the app and putting it back on? Also, when I had this problem (I cant remember if I had the app open), there is a "wheel" thing in the upper right hand corner - go there and hit "ok" - then click on the info that pertains to your issue. I had to do it a couple of times before it went through.

Oh, is your roku an older model? That could also be a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for following up, @Alice-QVC.

This problem only occurs with the QVC app, so it is definitely not an issue with my Roku unit, my Internet service, or my wireless connection. I also have two friends in different states who have been experiencing the same problem. I will collect all of our model and system information and share it here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr and @riley1 - Thank you for your suggestions. As I mentioned throughout this thread, I only experience this looping issue on the QVC app; no other Roku apps have any issues whatsoever, and I use them for multiple hours each day. This problem has been going on for months, with the looping sometimes being frequent and sometimes just occasional, but I can't remember the last time I watched a QVC show that didn't have loops or skips in it.

At least the app has stopped shutting down every 10-15 minutes like it did when it was first released—now it just automatically turns itself off after about 2 1/2 hours (which is still annoying since it always seems to happen during presentations I'm actually interested in)...

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc - QVC app was the only one that gave me trouble as well. However, when I reported the issue via that "wheel" thing, even though I had to do it a few times, the problem seemed to end.

Good luck! Riley1

I to have a problem with the QVC app on Roku not opening when you click on the icon and  when the girls open , also asking if I want to continue watching please remove that feature