Esteemed Contributor

QVC app for Roku problems = feed looping + timeouts

[ Edited ]

For about two weeks now, the live feed on the QVC app for Roku has had a weird glitch where at certain intervals, it will loop and repeat itself. For example, you'll be viewing a presentation, a slight skip/flicker will occur, and then you'll hear and see a repeat of the last 15 seconds of the feed before the presentation continues. This happens on both the QVC feed and the Q2 feed; I don't watch Beauty IQ so I don't know if it happens there.

Up until today, this was only happening every 40-45 minutes or so (I didn't time it precisely before now), but during ITKWD today, it's happening every 10-11 minutes and is quite annoying. If someone could look into this issue and fix the feed, that would be GREAT. Thank you...

Contributor

Re: QVC app for Roku = feed looping problems

I, too, feel loriqvc's pain since the same thing is happening to me (and has been for a while now). Plus, my app for Roku will suddenly turn off altogether and return to the main screen. No other channel on my Roku does that, so I'm assuming it is an issue with QVC's app. Hoping IT can get this fixed because it is, indeed, very annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MissALuvintheQ - I'm glad I'm not the only one! Fortunately, at least for me, the looping has resumed its once-or-twice-an-hour mode rather than happening every 10 minutes. And I actually came back to this message today to add a note related to the other glitch you mentioned.

Moderators, there's another problem with the Q app for Roku: A system dialog box pops up to ask you if you're still watching, but it is not possible to select any of the response options (they are completely white and no button on the remote works to access them). The box simply hovers over the screen (and it's huge!) for about a minute and then closes the feed and returns to the main app screen. This has been occurring for at least two weeks now, and it seems to happen about every 1.5 to 2 hours, so if I'm watching a show like ITKWM or ITKWD that is typically three hours, I'll get the box at least once.

I HIGHLY recommend that this box be removed from the app altogether, as it is a pointless "feature." Why wouldn't you want your customers to keep viewing your feeds for as long as possible? I like having the Q on in the background while I'm multi-tasking, and I know others do as well, and that typically means we're purposely watching for long periods of time and not hovering near the remote. And I seem to always have the misfortune of being interested in a specific item just when the box pops up, so I end up missing the presentation while the box is in the way and while I try to quickly get back into the feed after the box forces the feed to shut down.

If it is helpful, I use the Roku 4 with the latest apps and updates installed.

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving these issues!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC app for Roku problems = feed looping + timeouts

Please, please, PLEASE fix these problems! They are extremely annoying, and as you can see from the dates in this thread, they've been occurring for over a month now.

@Beth-QVC or another moderator, can you please forward this request to the IT team or whichever unit is responsible for fixing such things? Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I have had the box appear "do you wish to continue watching? " Usually in my kitchen with grubby hands while preparing something. As I tell my tv /Roku -- yeah , that was the plan...and washing and drying my hands fast so I can click.Smiley Mad

QVC is the only channel on the Roku that I have to unplug then have the little Roku dance preformed because it has come on then returned to the tile over and over until I unplug it. As that is the only channel that happens with I assume it is with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay - Have you ever successfully clicked the option in the box so you can continue watching? I've had a few times lately when I've actually been near my remote right when the box popped up, but there seems to be no way to select anything; all the options are white and stay that way even after pressing every button on my Roku remote (except Home and the four dedicated buttons for third-party services).

Respected Contributor

@loriqvcI believe I have had both options work at various times --probably has to do with time it has been on the screen. I have had that 'do you wish to continue watching' pop up on a few of the other channels after it is on a long time . I don't remember if there are settings that lets one choose the time before that comes up or not , but that is a possibilty. I guess we might check the community on Roku or a tech there.

The box on that popping up doesn't bother me as much as not starting when I wish and needing to unplug it and restart because I miss the start of the presentation sometimes. I know there are worse difficulties in life , but it is nice to win over electronics occasionally .Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay - I actually checked options for adjusting the Roku before trying to explore options to fix the Q app; the issue is definitely with the app, which has had many problems over the past couple of years since it launched. I agree that this isn't a huge issue, but because of that, shouldn't it be easy to fix? Sigh. I never have trouble with any other Roku app...

New Contributor

It happens to me too.  I have to delete the app and then upload the app.  Honestly, I've stopped watching because of it.  I go online occasionally to check, but it hasn't been fixed in months, so they obviously don't want me to watch over roku.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This problem is still going on; I've just stopped posting about it since I've never gotten a single response indicating that it is being addressed/fixed.

Lately, the longer looping has stopped, but now there are little skips and glitches every few minutes, which is extremely annoying. Even when I just have a show on in the background, I can clearly hear hosts repeating the phrase they just said or the feed cutting out to dead air in mid sentence.

And again, just to be clear, this is the only Roku app experiencing any problems—I watch live TV through other apps with no difficulties at all.