Contributor

QVC & HSN on Amazon Firestick for TVs

I have 5 firesticks. I am using the QVC / HSN app v2.0.11 (23) per the settings screen. Why does it only load about 20% of the time? No other apps / channels / services do this. When I click on the QVC/HSN screen on my RECENTs, sometimes I get a grey screen with giant QVC and HSN logos and then everything loads correctly. Other times it will be a blank grey screen, or it will appear to load but only show the tiles for past programs and will not let me click on anything, so I have to go back to HOME and start again. This back and forth is sometimes 8 or 9 times before it clicks through and functions. Why? And why are the programs listed on the right drop down menu for each of the multiple QVC and HSN versions not correct? Can QVC not load their own schedule? Are these issues a QVC problem, or an Amazon problem, or what? Is there anyone working on this? On Amazon.com, many users write reviews on the app because they've experienced all sorts of these issues. If it were an internet connection problem, wouldn't we see it on multiple apps/channels? Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC & HSN on Amazon Firestick for TVs

@Carolinaking 

It appears you are using the latest version.  I also checked out Amazon's "latest" reviews on this app.  No issues I could find.  Especially the issues you are experiencing.  When having issues w/an app, your last resort after troubleshooting is to contact the developer.  In your case it is QVC (same mentioned on the apps website.)

Try the following troubleshooting suggestions......

1 - Reinstall the app

2 - On your FS go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Installed Applications.

Scroll to the QVC/HSN app & click on it.

Click Force Stop

Click Clear Data (NOTE:  You may need to reenter your account after clearing "data")

Click Clear Cache

Go back to your Home page & open app

3 - Contact the developer if none of the above suggestions work.  Developer info is on the Amazon's app website.  One of 3 contact info:  webmaster@qvcemail.com

HTH

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Carolinaking    I have 2 Fire sticks and it seems something is always wrong with one or the other of them.  Right now neither is working correctly, one not at all.  I just received a new Roku device.  I have much better luck with them and they do the same thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I recently reset my firestick as a new one to clear the "drive" . 

stuff collects on it, that might help

Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. The Force Stop/Clear Data/Clear Cache method did work (I used it on two firesticks), but only temporarily. By 24 hours or so later, it was freezing up and requiring multiple times to connect again. The good news is that I didn't have to enter anything like accounts or passwords. But this work-around is too lengthy to be practical. Other apps must store data too, so why would the data stored on the QVC/HSN app make it dysfunctional?

Thanks!

This suggestion did not work for me. After uninstalling QVC and installing the QVC+HSN+ app, functionality was restored. The user interface is different, though. I wonder it QVC upgraded its app. If so, I never received a notification of that.