Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Unreasonable & out to destroy

I am someone who is pretty meticulous about my bill paying, but even I make a mistake every now and then and am charged a fee.

However, I make a very nice call to CS at whatever institution it is and explain my mistake and that I have a perfect payment record and 100% of the time, they have refunded my late/penalty fee.

Just a thought.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I pay all my bills off with checks in the mail. I get the bill, send off the check right away.  it is never late. Never have had a problem or late payment EVER.   I do not like to pay bills on line. Never have, and will not until I am forced to. People have too many problems paying bills online. 

Honored Contributor

@gardenmiss wrote:

I also had to deal with that bank through Banana Republic. They did not sent me my email statement and of course i missed it, because i rarely use this card. But I called and since I was never late, they waived the late fee. I did not even speak to a customer representative, I just got a recording that the late fee has been waved and sure enough two days later it appeared on my account.  But you are right, i usually only deal with two cards, Citi and Chase and never had been late. 

But please don't blame the OP, it can happen to anybody, believe me.  

Yes, it can happen to anyone - very rarely. And I'm betting most people don't express their unhappiness as the OP did, and most people acknowledge they contributed in some way.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@gardenmiss wrote:

I also had to deal with that bank through Banana Republic. They did not sent me my email statement and of course i missed it, because i rarely use this card. But I called and since I was never late, they waived the late fee. I did not even speak to a customer representative, I just got a recording that the late fee has been waved and sure enough two days later it appeared on my account.  But you are right, i usually only deal with two cards, Citi and Chase and never had been late. 

Yes, it can happen to anyone - very rarely. And I'm betting most people don't express their unhappiness as the OP did, and most people acknowledge they contributed in some way.

YEs and the Op feels she is not to blame because she did not get a REMINDER that her bill was due so it's not her fault.  I don't need a reminder to pay my bills on time.   IF this is the first time she has been late she may be able to get the late fee removed but she won't get it removed if she takes the attitude that it is all the credit card companies fault.  It is not.  ALso ranting about QVC like this somehow their fault is absurd.  QVC has absolutely nothing to do with her being assessed the late charge.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@gardenmiss wrote:

YEs and the Op feels she is not to blame because she did not get a REMINDER that her bill was due so it's not her fault.  I don't need a reminder to pay my bills on time.   IF this is the first time she has been late she may be able to get the late fee removed but she won't get it removed if she takes the attitude that it is all the credit card companies fault.  It is not.  ALso ranting about QVC like this somehow their fault is absurd.  QVC has absolutely nothing to do with her being assessed the late charge.

I took out a loan in late November. The initial correspondence from the bank indicated to me they would be in touch regarding when the first payment would be due, and it wouldn't be for at least a month. It was Xmas; I forgot about it because I was expecting an email or something.

It didn't come. Just today I looked my account up online and saw that I had missed the initial payment and so two were now due, with a late penalty; I paid it, and set up a 7 day in advance reminder going forward.

Was it my "fault"? Maybe not technically, but it WAS my *responsibility* - and I just PAID it without a thought of anything else. *I* should have kept better track.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I pay all my bills off with checks in the mail. I get the bill, send off the check right away.  it is never late. Never have had a problem or late payment EVER.   I do not like to pay bills on line. Never have, and will not until I am forced to. People have too many problems paying bills online. 

I am the opposite.  I do not pay cc's with a check. I have had cc companies hold my check and deposit them late and charge me a late fee. ( always the same bank) Also, the PO once returned by check in a baggie with a note that my envelope was destroyed my machinery.   You guessed it, I had to pay a late fee.

i now pay online or over the phone and never have a problem.  I travel a lot and like that I can schedule a future payment if I wish.  I can request that the bill be paid on time, before I even receive it.  

I also do not use store cc's often.  I'd rather use the cc issued by my credit union.  It's easier to just have to pay one bill a month.  And, if I happen to carry a balance for a big ticket item, the interest is MUCH lower.

I have found that if I use Macy's card and pay in full when due, they still charge $1 interest.  Now,  if I need to use the card to get a discount, i pay the cashier right after the cc purchase before I leave the store.  No more nonsense interest charges.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the bill pay option my bank offers.  I log on select bill pay, pull the account I want to pay from the list I set up, enter the amount I want to send and the date Iwant to pay it if different from the current date and click done.  IT takes me 25% of the time it used to take to write a check.  No having to order checks nearly as often and no Using stamps.  I control what accounts are paid and when as I do not like having my account automatically debited by a outside entity.  No waiting for checks to clear.  I have been doing this for 3 years now and never had a single problem. ONe of the greatest innovations in banking IMHO

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am the opposite.  I do not pay cc's with a check. I have had cc companies hold my check and deposit them late and charge me a late fee. ( always the same bank) Also, the PO once returned by check in a baggie with a note that my envelope was destroyed my machinery.   You guessed it, I had to pay a late fee.

@Carmie  in all the years I have payed by check and with the USPS mail (40-50 years?) I have never had a CC company hold a check.. Even checks in the thousands of dollars.... why would they? Also have never  had a bill not get to its destination EVER in all the years of mailing them.  Maybe I am just lucky? Perhaps.

I would suppose that something always CAN HAPPEN no matter how you pay your bills.  Such is life.  

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I use the bill pay option my bank offers.  I log on select bill pay, pull the account I want to pay from the list I set up, enter the amount I want to send and the date Iwant to pay it if different from the current date and click done.  IT takes me 25% of the time it used to take to write a check.  No having to order checks nearly as often and no Using stamps.  I control what accounts are paid and when as I do not like having my account automatically debited by a outside entity.  No waiting for checks to clear.  I have been doing this for 3 years now and never had a single problem. ONe of the greatest innovations in banking IMHO

I have done this since my bank first permitted it. It wasn't long before my bank *encouraged* it, to the point of saying that if anything goes wrong and money leaves your account any way/for any reason other than *your* directions, the bank will take responsibility. I've been banking this way for quite a few years. I know exactly when  a transfer is made and when the institution will receive it. Each Bill Pay takes seconds. No finding a mailbox or taking bills to the PO and no stamps. I'm not afraid to do it and by bank watches mt financial back *very* well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

I have done this since my bank first permitted it. It wasn't long before my bank *encouraged* it, to the point of saying that if anything goes wrong and money leaves your account any way/for any reason other than *your* directions, the bank will take responsibility. I've been banking this way for quite a few years. I know exactly when  a transfer is made and when the institution will receive it. Each Bill Pay takes seconds. No finding a mailbox or taking bills to the PO and no stamps. I'm not afraid to do it and by bank watches mt financial back *very* well.

Give it another 10 years and writing checks will have gone the way of the dinosaurs