Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Social Team - Would You Please Explain This?

The pink Shark vacuum cleaner sold out early in the morning last week-end, but Monday there were plenty available for purchase at the regular higher price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The pink Shark vacuum cleaner sold out early in the morning last week-end, but Monday there were plenty available for purchase at the regular higher price.

Because people canceled their orders.   

That isn't what this thread is about at all.

QVC Customer Care

@Pearlee  Good Morning, I have heard back from systems on the "backorder" issued on "as is" items.  They are telling me that if stock is available, regardless of the quantity the system will show it as available and allow the sale,  when distribution goes to pick the order that color or size may not be available so the warehouse will place the order on "backorder" until they can find out if we can obtain stock. 9 times out of 10 we cannot which will result in a cancelled order. 

My apologies that this has happened more than a few times,  we just cannot guarantee an As Is item will ship. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC  Thanks so much for getting back to me on this.   What you wrote makes sense.   However, the term "backorder" isn't a very good one to use because, since it's an As Is item, as you say it's very unlikely that the size and color I picked would come back within any reasonable amount of time  (on the non-As Is orders yes, on As Is orders no).  IMO QVC should just cancel the order rather than give us  "false hope" by listing it as a  "backorder" does.  However, that's not up to you of course.

Thanks so much.  The Social Team here is great at helping promptly! I'm glad I asked you.    Your response confirms that I made the right decision to cancel the times this has happened to me rather than keep the backorder and  hold out hope of getting it.  

Pearley

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

And, I would love to know why the 34" length of Honora pearls was not available on Saturday at the ODO but magically, they are available the next day. And all 3 colors. And lots of inventory. I would like the ODO price and not the marked up price.

Or perhaps this is best, I spend less.

And why I don't get a response from the QVC Team...is very sad. I guess it is a pick and choose set up.

How do I get attention. I guess I have to say something negative about a host. Geez! Very sad.

@CalMomBy the next day, if someone didn't finish their cart or send in a check in the number of days allowed, the item goes back into inventory, or even more have come in and not gotten into the system.  You were apparently in the "in between" time.  It has happened to all of us

Seriously?  Even though, I am 60 with an MBA...do you think I haven't figured that out?  However, all 3 colors and I input 25 items in each color and I still was able to purchase. No, they removed that option. Plus, with the BS explained on the Backorder available by a QVC representative.... the system is fixed and organzation...is BOTCHED and it can't be fixed even by Terry Dubrow!

@Susan-QVC

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Susan-QVC  Thanks so much for getting back to me on this.   What you wrote makes sense.   However, the term "backorder" isn't a very good one to use because, since it's an As Is item, as you say it's very unlikely that the size and color I picked would come back within any reasonable amount of time  (on the non-As Is orders yes, on As Is orders no).  IMO QVC should just cancel the order rather than give us  "false hope" by listing it as a  "backorder" does.  However, that's not up to you of course.

Thanks so much.  The Social Team here is great at helping promptly! I'm glad I asked you.    Your response confirms that I made the right decision to cancel the times this has happened to me rather than keep the backorder and  hold out hope of getting it.  

Pearley

I see the QVC team is a pick and choose team. Do I need to start a new topic to hopefully get an answer. BTW, the item is now on waitlist. The pink is available.