Honored Contributor

Challenging moderation or reposting a poofed thread are also poof reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

I very carefullly did not mention other clothing lines nor did I provide links to specific products.

I linked to sites of 4 blogs that talk about fashion and beauty, Of course some of those blogs have links to the products they're discussing but that is not the same as me linking to a product. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I very carefullly did not mention other clothing lines nor did I provide links to specific products.

I linked to sites of 4 blogs that talk about fashion and beauty, Of course some of those blogs have links to the products they're discussing but that is not the same as me linking to a product. 

This is what some are missing that didn't see the thread originally.  How is linking to a blog any different than linking to an article to read?  This is allowed.

Yet there are days when I open the beauty board and wonder if I'm even on a QVC board due to the number of threads about HSN and promoting HSN products!  If I wanted to discuss HSN stuff, I'd be over on their boards.  Clearly I'm not.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla

I didn't see the original post but I too have a lot of guilty pleasure fashion and beauty blog and news websites I visit including QVC's community. How I get my news has changed as I don't read print newspapers and I've cut down on fashion magazines as I can surf on over to their websites or visit a fashion blog. I am beginning to loath Vogue magazine's obsession with all things Kardashian/Jenner and won't purchase their magazine any more.

QVC wants desperately to be a social media hub but they need to be careful and thoughtful about it too. I'm not going to visit some of the hosts' fb or instagram pages no matter how much they ask the customers to do so on air.

By the way, I like Business of Fashion, Footwear News, Fashion Law, Racked, Fashion Unfiltered, and Home Shoppingista. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TY

I've never heard of the Business of Fashion. It's awesome.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

This is what some are missing that didn't see the thread originally.  How is linking to a blog any different than linking to an article to read?  This is allowed.

Yet there are days when I open the beauty board and wonder if I'm even on a QVC board due to the number of threads about HSN and promoting HSN products!  If I wanted to discuss HSN stuff, I'd be over on their boards.  Clearly I'm not.

I would hate to see QVC limit what we can discuss on the boards to QVC products only.  If that became the case, I think these boards would become a ghost town.  I belong to the HSN boards and have since their inception.  I rarely even look there let alone post anymore because they are dead and there was always some type of drama. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure you all  know QVC and HSN are owned by the same company

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I am sure you all  know QVC and HSN are owned by the same company

I don't believe they own everything 100%.   It's my understanding that LIberty Interactive owns 100% of QVC and 38% of HSN.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Social, I give up.

[ Edited ]

@sam96 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@gardensla and @sam96, Good morning!  I didn't see the removed thread in question, but I do have a guess about the removal of certain posts with links.  Some websites -- including blogs -- are paid to advertise products and also they benefit financially each time someone goes to their website.    All those clicks on sites can be worth money.  So, sometimes a link to a site is the same as a link to a product, in a sense.   I can only guess that the moderators know which sites are making money from clicks, or perhaps which ones are considered advertising that's directly competitive with QVC. 

Frankly, I wish we had a clear explanation from them -- but at the same time I understand we post here, at no cost, with the acceptance of their standards, including the catch-all disclaimer:  "We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us."   I understand the frustration of composing a post and seeing it vanish, though.  Happens to me, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

If the sites you linked to have profit-making links, that's a no-no. I'm not sure if QVC considers it so much a no-no because of competition, but because with any revenue-generating site, blog, whatever directly linked from QVC, if there is data or ID stolen through that site, scams, money taken & mdse not provided, etc. there WOULD be people on these forums ranting and wailing that it is QVC's fault and they are responsible, they should be protecting QVC customers, yadda yadda, exactly the way people freak out about what FB "does" when you click on a "FB link."

The fact that these links are NOT "QVC links" controlled by QVC, the same as the "FB links" are NOT anything to do with FB, would be irrelevant to the naive and clueless, and QVC is well aware of this. Their way of preventing it is to do their best to make sure the gullible have no possible "link" between something posted on a QVC forum and anything that might be a rip-off or dangerous in any way. They have to handle it with overkill because of the numbers of people who frequent QVC who feel that QVC "owes" them "protection" from the big nasty internet world out there.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all