Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Sent Used Device When I Ordered A Brand New Camera

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Andrew Boynton   what is your purpose in posting then reposting your complaint?  The only thing your fellow customers can give you is sympathy.  Since you obviously need a refund, all you have to do is slap the return label on the box and return it as defective.   Return shipping, as well as original shipping will be refunded because it's defective.  None of the dramatic prose or photos are necessary; just send the darn thing back.

QVC doesn't designate anything as "spam".  Your email provider does that in accordance with your preferences. 

@Kachina624 

Geeze, the OP posted their complaint/experience, just like other posters post their complaint/experience, to alert other buyers, what's wrong with that?

The "dramatic prose and photos" were necessary in the OP's opinion, to  prove their complaint/experience.

Why so harsh??

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

@Kachina624 how have I blown off steam twice? I posted, and less than 5 minutes after my first post it was marked as spam. So I assumed it was marked as spam due to my somewhat obnoxious subject line. So I posted again, changed the subject line and people are now here discussing the situation. Part of me feels as if you work for QVC? Why so much aggression towards me informing the community on a big purchase gone wrong? I don't understand A. Why you took the time to read the thread only to complain about me being upset about an order and B. Why are you being so aggressive and upset over MY thread? 

The point of the forums are to discuss things openly with the community. I never once asked for help with the situation. I simply handled it with QVC and also felt the need to make people aware of this. But I'm done going back and forth, have a good evening 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom.  I have a feeling there's a backstory here and the information we're being fed is incomplete.  You'll  notice the mods haven't jumped in with their usual generous offers of assistance and apologies.  Apparently this person's claims have been investigated and questioned and he/she is trying to build a case for himself.  We'll probably never know for sure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom.  I have a feeling there's a backstory here and the information we're being fed is incomplete.  You'll  notice the mods haven't jumped in with their usual generous offers of assistance and apologies.  Apparently this person's claims have been investigated and questioned and he/she is trying to build a case for himself.  We'll probably never know for sure.

@Kachina624,  did you miss OP's post wherein he stated that he has contacted Q, returned the camera and the matter has been handled. 

There is no need, at this point at least, for the mods to jump in.  Unless something goes wrong with the refund/replacement this is a settled matter.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

Here' a QVC review on the same $4,000 camera from 12-24-18.

WAS SENT WRONG/USED ITEM

They sent me this in the the correct box but it had a old, beat up, used camera in it. I’m EXTREMELY upset. I will get this story out. Management at Texas call center also hung up on me twice.

Thiat is what I found facinanting from this whole thing.

Contributor

@MarkeieMark The interesting part is that I did not see that review on the camera I purchased (you'd think they would combine the reviews for the same model devices). That person might've ordered the one with a better lense. But I ordered the model right below it. I can't say that seeing that review would've made me not order but it is ironic that someone else had the exact same issue. It makes me wonder if the distributor is just trying to rip people off? Regardless I'm going to get to the bottom of this with support. We already started the refund/new item process and if my new camera comes and its like this again then we will for sure know the distributor is just taking advantage of being behind the QVC brand. Support wouldn't tell me who the distributor was but they did verify that it was sold by a third party and that QVC just listed the item. Which also explains why my order said "in process" the entire time until it was delivered and I didn't get any tracking until the item was already at my house. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrew Boynton I once had a spooky experience ordering a top of the line $7,000 IBM laptop in 1996  and getting a box of plastic printing material instead.  it scared me out of buying that computer.  I did get a refund, the vendor, whose name I don't remember, had the package picked up pretty quickly.  I ended up buying a much less expensive computer, which ended up being smarter..  So I understand how mad you are.  

If I have the camera that you wanted to purchase right, Amazon sells it for $650 dollars less.  So the easy pay is espensive and not worth it.  

There are a lot of things in this post I don't understand, like people referencing bad reviews in QVC for that camera (E290298) when I don't see any.  Amazon's has good reviews.  I would ask QVC for a full refund, including return shipping, and take my business elsewhere.  Amazon has a lot of pictures that don't match up to your camera.

Recently, I was eyeballing a macbook in QVC because I can't afford to buy in full right now, but I can't justify buying at QVC with the bloated price.  I would rather go without while I save my pennies until I can buy elsewhere.  QVC is the worst for electronics.  I still like brick and mortar for that because you always have someone who will talk to you about the big purchase and see what you are showing them.  

Sorry for the rambling post.  Good luck to you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrew Boynton I found the review the other poster was referring to (it was bugging me).  It was for the camerra body E290304. No other reviews for items in your price range.  Items less than $1,500 had generally good reviews.  Considering that other customer had a similar experinec to you, I would shop elsewhere.  the lack of reviews doesn't mean a good experience.  Most people don't post reviews.  Again, good luck.

Respected Contributor

@Andrew Boynton  I am glad you decided to repost.  By doing so, it caught the eye of @Foxxee.  She suggested something to you that in your understandable frustration you had not considered; ergo, leading to resolution for you and also bringing an important issue to QVC's attention.

No matter where you finally decide to purchase your new camera I hope it provides many years of enjoyment.

@Kachina624  In this case, it was a good thing Andrew reposted, because Foxee saw it and helped him.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...