Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Sent Used Device When I Ordered A Brand New Camera

@Andrew Boynton   I don't know if they have the one you want however I bought a canon camera from B&H photo in NYC.  I bought it online and it was a wonderful experience.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Andrew Boynton   I don't know if they have the one you want however I bought a canon camera from B&H photo in NYC.  I bought it online and it was a wonderful experience.

I always buy my cameras from B&H

Contributor

I will continue to keep this thread updated. As of now I've returned the item via USPS and I've contacted support via live chat. We reached an agreement to refund and send a new device to me once the tracking for the refund shows that the package is heading back to their facilities.

@Foxxee  brought it to my attention that in addition to me receiving a used camera that was damaged/scratched, I also received the wrong model camera as well. I ordered the EOS Mark IV and was sent the EOS 5D... and there's an extremely big difference.

Either whoever purchased the item prior to me committed fraud and switched the camera or the distributor made a mistake. I would assume QVC only partners with reliable distributors though so it most likely was the first senario. Regardless every box should have a barcode on it that gets scanned so they should easily be able to see who had this item prior to me and hopefully charge him/her with FRAUD! I was extremely upset with QVC earlier but I now see that this is way bigger than I thought and QVC couldn't have prevented this. Stay tuned for updates, this could get ugly

Robot Sad

Honored Contributor

@Andrew Boynton 

Wishing you the best.  

Respected Contributor

Was this your first order with QVC?

Contributor

@pupwhipped Yes, a complete nightmare. I have family members that used to buy coins from them though years ago and never had any issues. I just wanted the use their easy pay and not have to put forth the entire amount at once but I think I should've just applied for the Amazon credit card and did 12 months financing 

Honored Contributor

@Andrew Boynton   what is your purpose in posting then reposting your complaint?  The only thing your fellow customers can give you is sympathy.  Since you obviously need a refund, all you have to do is slap the return label on the box and return it as defective.   Return shipping, as well as original shipping will be refunded because it's defective.  None of the dramatic prose or photos are necessary; just send the darn thing back.

QVC doesn't designate anything as "spam".  Your email provider does that in accordance with your preferences. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 you're coming into this super late and don't even understand. And that was not from my email, that spam mark was from the QVC forum. They marked my first post about this issue as spam. Please refrain from commenting if you aren't going to take the time to even see whats going on. And I posted pictures and posted this thread because I was pretty heated. This is a $4000 dollar camera that I purchased and they sent me this used junk. I was not posting for sympathy lol, I was posting to inform the community of this. This isn't something that should happen without discussion... this is a major issue. If someone orders something, especially with such a huge ticket value, something like this should never occur. Its not like I bought a pair of shoes for 100 bucks and they were damaged upon arrival. Please don't assume without knowing the facts 

Honored Contributor

@Andrew Boynton.  I read every word of your post so had an advantage over those who replied early.   We know and love QVC, warts and all.  We're aware that they occasionally screw up; you aren't  the first and probably won't be the last.  I hope you feel better now that you've blown off steam.....twice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624- Yes, threads on these forums can be marked as spam.  It's happened a lot in the past, but usually when the forums are being hit by high numbers of automated spam threads.

@Andrew Boynton- I think most of us can understand how you must've felt.  I think another poster has nailed it - whichever vendor sent that camera to you never checked the contents of the box prior to it being shipped.  Simply looking at the box isn't enough.  It happens to retailers everywhere, that some unscrupulous person puts any old item inside the box and seals it.

Walmart had a huge issue with this years back, to the point that they would not accept returns until they opened the box and checked the contents to verify what was in it.  You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people tried.  (Or maybe you would after this experience.)

I hope you get the camera you wanted and paid for.