Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Sent Used Device When I Ordered A Brand New Camera

@Andrew Boynton 

There's absolutely no excuse for QVC sending you such an expensive item in such a deplorable condition.

Actually , there's no excuse to send a customer an item in this condition, regardless of the cost, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Andrew Boynton wrote:

@MarkeieMark I did plenty of research on the camera, I've wanted this model for roughly a year now. But no, I did not read the reviews on the QVC listing. Definitely a lesson learned... I just assumed QVC only worked with reputable companies plus I was unaware that this item would be fulfilled by a third party. When I shop on Overstock or Amazon it shows the Seller and lets you know if it is not fulfilled/shipped by them. 

@Andrew Boynton The good news is QVC stands by whatever they sell, and allows reviews good, bad, and ugly.  You just have to read them.  

Honored Contributor

WOW!  That camera wasn't just used, it was abused.

i would be plenty upset if I got a camera in that condition.

I hope you get your money back or a brand new camera, whichever you prefer.  There is no good excuse for something like that to have happened.

My husband who was a police officer did crime investigations.  He would get his camera equipment in NYC, either on line or in person.  There are many good camera shops that are honest and have great prices in Manhattan.  

I wish I could remember the name of the shops he dealt with.

Trusted Contributor

I can't believe any photographer would do this to a camera. This amount of wear didn't happen in a short amount of time, this was over a long period. I hope the OP has learned his lesson, save up for an expensive camera, buy it from a reliable camera store, not QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Andrew Boynton 

QVC only sells the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV in this price range.  Your camera isn't a Mark IV.  Maybe, that's why mods were saying your post here was spam.  

Contributor

@Foxxee Yes it is a Mark IV. Please do not try to tell me what I purchased. Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 4.40.48 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK... your camera isn't marked a Mark IV like those on the website, but I see the order designates it as such...honest mistake.  

But, did you think about the possibility of not only receiving a used camera, but the wrong model too?

Contributor

Wow I just realized what you were saying. The physical camera isn't the Mark IV model! So the distributor acutally tried to scam me... they send this device in a Mark IV box?!22DF1B21-CC92-48B3-9128-B0BAE4B66E1E.jpg58576558149__13E36EA3-CAFB-48BA-A9DC-175132405963.JPGEF8B6D11-3D01-4812-8C4B-2660CA2ED214.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I have my fathers old Canon that’s in like new condition. He used it on many trips, but it uses film. He spent hours in camera shops looking at them and lenses and attachments and wouldn’t accept a scratch!

You have a right to be upset. You ordered a new camera and should get a full refund.

Be sure to mark it damaged and use their return label with return fee scratched out & marked damaged. I ‘d call them first to be certain how to return it free, it’s so expensive.  Sorry & good luck!

Contributor

@Foxxee no you're right, my apologies for my snappy reply. This is a way bigger issue than I thought it was and I've already gone to USPS to return the item