Respected Contributor

Re: QVC'S horrible shipping service Parcel Service Select

@2blonde wrote:

I never order clothing from QVC, so no worries about quality or sizing.  The only things I ever order are cosmetics, jewelry or household items; so it's very rare that I would need to return anything.  What I do order usually arrives in less than a week.  Honestly, if I was having so many problems with returns, I'd be rethinking my ordering practices.

@2blonde  Your words are smart and wise, and given what I have experienced with clothing, I know what works and what does not work, so I solved that experience.  Hence I did rethink my ordering practices and only order what I know, use over and over and can trust will work for my needs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In case anyone isn't aware of this, the USPS is just a dropoff hub for the QVC returns process. The company/agent that retrieves the packages from post offices and gets them back to the Q is called Newgistics. It has its own tracking system for packages that you can access here: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

The tracking details from Newgistics are what you see when you click "Track Your Return" on qvc.com, but it seems like those details are not updated here as frequently as they are via the Newgistics site. There should be better communication on this subject, as I'm sure it would save QVC service representatives a lot of time and frustration if customers knew they could check on their return packages' progress and not just have to wait and wonder what is happening after they drop things off at the post office. (Note that Newgistics' tracking is often not as detailed as the other couriers' tracking, but at least you'll know your package isn't just sitting around somewhere—though return service is the slowest class of shipping, so it actually does a good bit of sitting around along the way.)

The ridiculous length of time it takes to process returns after they have been delivered to QVC is another story...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I do not understand is why is takes so long for your item to ship out?  And, to top it off, the very slow shipping method that is used.  Yes, people get fed up waiting for the purchase to ship and then have to wait another 5 or 7 days for it to arrive.  Someone at the top in QVC really needs to address this issue.  We are talking about sometimes 14 days to receive your package. 

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

We all know that information you posted!!!! My post wasn't about who they were, we all know who they are.  My issue is qvc using them, the process etc. Tracking is available for items on qvc website, one doesn't have to go to the parcel select website.

Valued Contributor

you forgot one thing, after you return something, it is another 10 plus days to get your credit while it sits on returns. 

Respected Contributor

Just as an aside (maybe adding fuel to the fire).....I purchase a lot of items these days from ShopLC in Austin, TX (mostly jewelry).  I live about 1,000 miles away in Ohio, but on the rare occasion I send a return to them, I receive a notification and credit to my card in about 7-9 calendar days of me actually sending it back to them!

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Why does QVC have to provide their customers with the worst shipping methods by utilizing Parcel Service Select?  I have had items sitting at the post office (returns) for 8 days and longer  already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is not fair to the customers!  QVC is making money on OUR MONEY as it sits on this despicable shipping service, and than once it finally arrives at the so called "RETURN DEPARTMENT" it takes another 10 days or more to process, thus qvc is making money on our money while we are losing money.  This is a bad business practice and qvc should ultimately go out of business.  They obviously refuse to spend a little of their billions in profit to satisfy the customers by a better shipping method.  Today I heard Walmart is giving Amazon a run for their money and providing overnight hsipment at no extra charge to customers and no membership charge. QVC better get their act together, because their greed with be their downfall

@tropics21.  You need to look up and read QVC's most recent financial report.  They're not making billions in profit....or even millions or thousands.  Income from shipping has often determined whether they operate in the red or black.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Visitor

Wow, I’m sure you didn’t intend to come across so rudely, right?

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I think we've forgotten that we can TALK to people.

When I get tired of waiting for a return, I call CS and talk to them.

My last return (an exchange, actually)...I tracked it online, saw that they had received it and it hadn't moved since then...about a week.  So I called CS and told them what I saw.

As a result of that phone call, CS cancelled the return (no return shipping) and ordered the item I wanted in exchange.

That happened Tuesday.  The refund was processed Wednesday, the item was shipped Thursday and I received it Friday.  I am very pleased.  

About refunds...If you're living so on the edge financially that you're anxious about when your money is refunded (of course it should be refunded within a reasonable period), you may want to reconsider your spending.

Keepin' it real.