Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC IS VIOLATING ITS 30 & 90 DAY RETURN POLICIES

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@HeatherAG wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hi @HeatherAG 

I am sorry you had this expereince. Please email the order information for the returns to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

Barb

Customer Care

I will. Thank you, Barb. Also you might retrain your online chat reps as well as those on the phone that your 30-day and 90-day returns don't start from the date that you order per your written return policy and as stated on air.

Your return orders start from the date that you receive them not the date you ordered them.

But, how ddo you prove the receipt date, @Lucylu12 ?  Sometimes the item shows delivered, yet it's not!  I've jad tjos jappen a few times.  Once was before their customer service shutdown and the rep sent out another item, noting if I received the original item could return free.  But now we don't even have that option - no customer service.Woman Frustrated

Super Contributor

@Barbara-QVC 

Can you please post on these boards that the overall issue is being/has now been addressed so we can have assurance things won't be returned so haphazardly?    I think everyone here needs to see that some actions are taking place to address this as well as the slow return processing times.   This is not normal Q service and if this continues, they will sadly see a nosedive in sales.....just give it time.

The reason we shop here is we have confidence the Q always takes care of its customers.   Please don't let us lose faith in the Q we  love.  

Honored Contributor

@DAD wrote:

Don't hold your breath!! I got one out of 4 taken care of. That's it. If I do place an order & need to exchange or return it will be asap. They lied to us about 90 day returns. I have ordered a few items I already have so hopefully they work out. I'm not ordering much unless I just can't get something I really need & can't find anywhere else. I like the idea of getting this out in the news!! Talk about false advertising!!!

@DAD 

They didn't LIE to you and there is NO False Advertising.

The 90 day return policy was exactly what it stated.  90 days to return from when you RECEIVED the item during a certain time period.

The returns dept. messed up, plain and simple.  I know that would be so annoying, and I know it happened WAY too many times..but lets not throw around terms like lying and I read elsewhere, scam.

NOT true.

Totally QVC's problem that the Returns Dept. and C/S reps are not trained properly.

Super Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hi @HeatherAG 

I am sorry you had this expereince. Please email the order information for the returns to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

Barb

Customer Care

HI! ME AGAIN. I EMAILED AS YOU STATED ABOVE AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. Not sure what else to do ... I guess my only option is to report your charges for these items as credit card fraud. This is kind of ridiculous. I order 90% of my purchases online and have since the 1990s, and I have had zero problems *except for* QVC and it's just getting worse.

Super Contributor

@DAD wrote:

Don't hold your breath!! I got one out of 4 taken care of. That's it. If I do place an order & need to exchange or return it will be asap. They lied to us about 90 day returns. I have ordered a few items I already have so hopefully they work out. I'm not ordering much unless I just can't get something I really need & can't find anywhere else. I like the idea of getting this out in the news!! Talk about false advertising!!!

Unreal. Factually, it isn't just false advertising ... since QVC is on air and online and uses the US Postal Service, false returns policy claims violate numerous federal laws. They could get fined multiple times for every single order that isn't processed by stated/written return policies. They keep this nonsense up and they're going to get hit with a class action lawsuit.

QVC Customer Care

@HeatherAG wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hi @HeatherAG 

Barb

Customer Care

HI! ME AGAIN. I EMAILED AS YOU STATED ABOVE AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. Not sure what else to do ... I guess my only option is to report your charges for these items as credit card fraud. This is kind of ridiculous. I order 90% of my purchases online and have since the 1990s, and I have had zero problems *except for* QVC and it's just getting worse.

Hi @HeatherAG 

I see that we received your email about an hour ago. Someone will be getting back with you shortly.

Thansk for your patience.

Barb

Occasional Visitor

Glad to know I'm not alone in this, I thought I was going insane!!!  They have me paying for the same items on both my easy pay, and my qcard "which is what it was originally billed to", and then I had a returned product sent back to me WET.  On top of that, 2 of my other returns haven't gotten processed yet, or aren't showing up in their system, when I live close to the returns center, and this was over a month and a half ago.  I'm still paying on those too. Unreal!  I understand times are tough right now, but I've been dealing with many other companies that don't have the same problems.  I can't even tell how much money I owe where to them anymore.  Don't bother with cs, I tried 4 times. 

Valued Contributor

When QVC found out that the returns department was returning items because they weren't received within 30 days & the company did nothing to fix it that to me is false advertising. They did not honor their policy. Post Offices were closed in many places. I wanted to send it my way so mine were returnd in about 60 days of ordering. Well within their 90 day extended return period. QVC dropped the ball. Letters went out about the same time the returns were sent right back. I just don't trust them anymore. If they cared they would rectify the mess they created!

Contributor

QVC continues to string me along by refusing more than a dozen returned items.  I'm in the process with my state attorney general, and plan to contact federal authorities, as QVC is violating federal law, as well.  Long time customer, yes.  Desperate to purchase from dishonest retailer, hard no.  

It's utterly inexcusable for a business to operate this way.  When they've asked for order and item numbers, sure.  When they've asked for receipts for each item, okay.  I take screen shots of all return receipts and notes I send with, including any defects, okay.  They want to know precisely which Q label I used for returning items from more than one order.  I've even taken pictures of the outside of the sealed box.  Still, no resolution.  

Important tip:  take screen shot of your order, then of tracking #, and finally the screen with *receipt date* for each item.  If you return the item, this may disappear, and then it's harder to prove when you received it.  (They have deleted my original receipt dates, and replaced with when a package has been sent a second time to me).

They keep asking for a new piece of information, then when I provide it, they stop responding.

Let's face it.  They want you to give up.  Please don't.  I am not legally required to return items that they send me when I have already made a proper return for refund or exchange (by state or federal law).  Think about it...if they could make you do that, how many times would they get to keep making those "errors" and hold your money?  

They do not have the right to expect you to fix their errors.  They are required to refund your money, even if they send something back to you because they counted the days wrong.  If it had been a one time, one item issue, I could understand. This is intentional, over many items, separate orders, after my persistent efforts (dozens of contacts) to have them stop this disrespect.

Maybe someone with sense will fix this, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm just proceeding against them as a dishonest merchant through legal means, at this point.  I'm done trying to educate them on how to add days and explain their own policies to them...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guess what, folks?  All who keep claiming that the special email is the magic solution...NOT.  

Just since posting my previous comment, they've changed at least two more returned items to "Contact CS," which means they have rejected a valid return, and may ship back out something I haven't ordered...yet again.

I've contacted them at least four times now about these same, exact items (aside from other ones).  They said they hadn't been received.  I asked for updates on where they were in the process.  QVCSocial wouldn't respond to me, over and over.  

NOW, I see this.  It's disgusting.  I don't want to shop anymore.  I also don't want to keep wasting hours recouping over $1000.  And, I'd like other customers to know what can happen to them.

As a special addition to the response I've gotten when I've asked for basic assistance and respect, they blocked me from this forum for five days or so.  

If anyone from the QVC Social Team has a valid explanation about the continued resistance by QVC to refund 100% valid returns, I'd like to hear it.  I bet some people reading this would like to know, as well.  Or do I get banned again for asking for respect?